AuthorTopic: ** UPDATED (31 Oct) ** ORC-HUMAN - Big Character/Anatomy [WIP] **  (Read 9328 times)

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile
Hey, any CC are welcome, I am wondering if someone sees any anatomy problem or something like that could help me to improve this?

I started with this character, it was a human from the begining but after I developed it to an orc? Really dont know what It exacly is, just followed my insticts  :crazy:

EDIT11 (ignore the background, I think?) I'm being so busy, which gives slow progress  :P:

EDIT10 (ignore the background, I think?) I'm being so busy, which gives slow progress  :P:

EDIT9:

EDIT8:

EDIT7:

EDIT6:

EDIT5:

EDIT4:

EDIT3:

EDIT 2:

EDIT:

Thanx, Senad
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 12:39:23 am by Senad »
God forgive him for his sins I know its was his last minute, You spread his wings so he can only fly.. He will allways be a legend in our hearts and legends never die..

R.I.P Tose Proeski ~Senad

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Re: ORC-HUMAN - Big Character/Anatomy [WIP]

Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 07:24:14 pm
at first glance, the legs seem too short. the muscles over all, look a little off to me. I am not sure what it is, but they just look off. I also don't like the nose, but that may just be a stylistic preference.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 07:28:47 pm
You're using shading to convey details, not to convey shadows. That's a big no-no, I'd say.

Lemme make an edit to show you what I mean.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Joel

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 02:14:17 am
Is he supposed to be stepping on something? Is that why the black line has been placed at his foot?

Upper body anatomy doesn't seem bad, his arms appear too short from the elbow down or a bit fat rather than muscled/defined.
It seems that the bones of his legs attach to his pelvis at the bottom of it's 'point' rather than sitting in their sockets, which makes the legs seem too low from where they join. Again, the legs seem short from the knee down.

The shading is too highly contrasted, making the muscles seem like they are 'sewn' into him, the definition far too great in them. Not sure how to explain this, perhaps someone else could. Sherman Gill is correct though, the shading of the muscles is too detailed.

Keep working on this one, I think it has great potential.

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 08:11:53 am
Anatomy issues can be completely left out of this as it is a fantasy creature, all you need is muscles drawn on the positions they would be if it has to be a functional moving creature.

Further what you did is color the separate parts and muscles but what you didn't do is add global lighting. This means your drawing looks rather flat and monotone. If you for example shade the entire torso in a cylinder like way it will add dimension to it, think of primitives and how these would be lighted in your current scene and apply that knowledge on your objects at all time.

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 12:19:41 pm
oh i understand, well its supposed to be like hes stepping on something, like a pile of dirt or ground with a higher level..

here I made a little edit on the left side of the picture/body (arm, neck, under the chest..)
EDIT:

I believe I defeated the flatness on the parts where I edited.
Anatomy more or less is my problem, this is the upper body how I want it to look, thats from my head, so It would be wierd to just vanish some muscels I drow, but im also wondering if something looks too short? too long? wierd? U see his 6 pack, well the right side doesnt seem to look like the left one, so I will fix that too.

Thanx for help so far, Senad
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 12:24:23 pm by Senad »
God forgive him for his sins I know its was his last minute, You spread his wings so he can only fly.. He will allways be a legend in our hearts and legends never die..

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 12:55:00 pm
The pieces where you work from a reference are alot better senad, couldn't you find a ref for this pic (just for muscles). His left hand has the thumb claw much longer and in a diff pos than on other
hand. I think the upper body is slightly too big compared with legs. Good start on shading.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 02:07:55 pm
oh thanx sharp, I will update the legs, so it fits in with the upper body,

and this is how I thought of the claws: (took a picture of my hands now and edited rough)

Thanx, Senad

« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 10:50:15 pm by Senad »

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Re: ** UPDATED ** ORC-HUMAN - Big Character/Anatomy [WIP] **

Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 10:50:39 pm
--------------------------

EDIT 2:

EDIT3:

EDIT4:

Do you guys think I have improved it anyhow by now?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 12:17:25 am by Senad »

Offline JWW

• One unbroken chain
    • View Profile
    • IamJakeWW

Re: ** UPDATED ** ORC-HUMAN - Big Character/Anatomy [WIP] **

Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 12:21:27 am
Quote from: Ryumaru

honestly you could get away with this piece with the anatomy how it is now. but youre doing some really good things with the pixel tech so i thought you might want to go the extra mile. one of the main things i attempted to show in this edit other than a bit more belieavable muscle shape is the volumetrics of them, bringing parts forward and backward with shadow.
Ryu lost his password so he asked me to post this for him.