AuthorTopic: a robot game [mockup]  (Read 3153 times)

Offline llshadow

• View Profile

a robot game [mockup]

on: October 29, 2007, 07:25:11 am
well
posted some spirits before
here's the update

C&C
thx~

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Re: a robot game [mockup]

Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 03:48:22 am
Whoa, nice, I like.

I think the conflict scene(is this an RTS?) takes too long just for the attacking unit to approach the defending unit. Why not show the attacking unit doing its thing, and showing the defending unit reacting, but both sprites on other different sides of the screen, like Advanced Wars? If not, I would suggest just dashing and then having the defending unit pan, instead of the blinking effect you have now.

Because if you are really playing this game, after some time, you'd just want the animations to get on with it.

The background is nice too, pretty detailed. Also, you're going to have strike effects, right?
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline Noveroth

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 06:51:01 am
Dude this is nice, Reminds me very much of Front Mission

I love the animations.. But i have one problem with it, in the middle one.. maybe instead of the flying guy fading out and the standing guy fading in.. why not have the screen Whip over from one to the other?(I just used it as an example, as it's easily distinguishable)

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 01:54:04 am
Very nice. I would recommend some color variation, but I assume that will come in the final stages of this game. Also, do you intend to make the animations transparent?
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.