AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 321542 times)

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #230 on: August 05, 2008, 07:59:18 pm
As far as I'm concerned a good crit is a good crit even if the person giving it can't draw for shit.

This is true, and I wish I stated my post with better words. I was talking about people who give critics with the illusion he knows what he is talking about by hiding on his fluency in english and copy pasting some words lets say from you helm without even understanding it and then just handing it out like it works on every situation. A newbie might find this convincing and probably do things the wrong way and develop some bad habits

An example would be this guy, I wish I can find his other post but I do remember he keeps tossing this walk cycle few many times as if it's the perfect guideline. And when it was his turn to show his work
http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=3564.0
Of course his antics in pixelation didn't last long.

Nowadays I lurk often with my limited time in the internet, but when I see guys like hawk in many places .. it still bothers me.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 08:04:32 pm by Froli »

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #231 on: August 05, 2008, 08:23:06 pm
 :crazy:
You realize you're all editing the edit...?

Editation is the first step to perfection. Though the place may be wrong to do so, there is a still a beneficiary purpose that comes out of it.
Fizz, anyway in regards to your example, it's much better now in terms of stance, and even color.

Also upon looking at the animation again there is an issue on the side view on the right foot, (second from front), you shed no real movement into it, what happens is that you have a static chain of pixels for that leg, and then it seems that you create a 3rd leg to substitute stepping while at the same time you retain the original right leg. This would partically be the issue with the movement along with the motion effort put into the model to make it walk. Lastly you might want to even out the sizes because as you see the front view is larger than the side view by at least 2-4 pixels which may cause some issues down the line of production.
This guy's pretty funny.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #232 on: August 05, 2008, 08:47:17 pm
and your words are meaningless as you fail to reckon to that reasoning in addition to your childish request for a immature resolve
Man, how could I have missed this? Too good.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #233 on: August 05, 2008, 09:18:59 pm
Let's not have a bashing party for a user that isn't even around anymore please.

I was talking about people who give critics with the illusion he knows what he is talking about by hiding on his fluency in english and copy pasting some words lets say from you helm without even understanding it and then just handing it out like it works on every situation. A newbie might find this convincing and probably do things the wrong way and develop some bad habits

Alright then perhaps somebody should intervene, I'll give you that.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #234 on: August 05, 2008, 10:11:02 pm
Today is a historic day! I beat Final Fantasy 7! Finally!  :D :D :D

'Beat Sephiroth' beaten it? Or 'Beat Ruby and Sapphire Weapon' beaten it?
I mean, except for FFVII's final battle being the most epic of all FF final battles, It's also the easiest really.

There are harder super bosses aswell though. Final Fantasy X is boss in that area. I mean, Penance is just insane.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 10:15:10 pm by Opacus »

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #235 on: August 06, 2008, 12:31:26 am
I should get back into X... I really liked that one, and VIII too. I played VII, but I stopped before I got to Sephiroth for some reason. I don't know why. The optional bosses at the once place on the field in X were insane hard... I still haven't beaten most of them.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 04:42:52 am by Dusty »

Offline #36005A

• View Profile

Reply #236 on: August 06, 2008, 04:35:32 am
I'll post this here so I don't clutter up ndchristie's thread:
I've been playing this Genesis game lately...I think it's pretty good at making low-count animations seem good, it's called ComixZone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azIZwsCGjW0
I was just playing this game this morning for the first time in years... hours before you posted that. Weird. Great game though.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #237 on: August 06, 2008, 07:08:01 am
Users Online       383 Guests, 7 Users
Something is amiss. It just keeps going up on every refresh, too. :wah:

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #238 on: August 06, 2008, 09:47:58 am
Just one day till the large hadron collider is activated.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #239 on: August 06, 2008, 10:19:14 am
Just one day till the large hadron collider is activated.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider

I've been waiting for this more than X-mas or a birthday. Building this thing has been a mind-boggling achievement. Deserves to become a Wonder in Civilization.