AuthorTopic: Official Anatomy Thread  (Read 402806 times)

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Re: Official Anatomy Thread

Reply #70 on: August 27, 2008, 10:17:03 pm
In case you haven't seen this already, I'd recommend checking this out:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/334333/Constructive-Anatomy

Offline ter-o

• Elitist scum
    • View Profile

Reply #71 on: August 27, 2008, 10:48:00 pm
In case you haven't seen this already, I'd recommend checking this out:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/334333/Constructive-Anatomy

I have that book and I gotta admit that it was too cumbersome for a newbie like myself. I first need to learn how to construct the basic proportions and masses of the hand (or any other anatomy) in different postures and after that I might be able to practise all the constructive anatomy beneath the surface.

Andrew Loomis said nicely that "If the artist looks for the big planes, the big lights and shadows, the big values and relationships, he will do a better job. One can easily get lost in a lot of little truths without seeing the big ones."

Thus I can't recommend that book for someone who's new to anatomy but it's worth while for more advanced artists.
I don't know everything, I just know everything else.
Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda

Offline Krut

• View Profile

Reply #72 on: August 28, 2008, 09:33:38 am
Ah!, this is great, ill be sure to post here once im out of my tight schedule, i've been meaning to get out of my comfort zone, and go a bit more realistic anatomically speaking.

I know its a bit of a stretch here, but taking in account the recent changes here...is it possible that in a near future, a section dedicated to traditional drawing is created? Sure, there are other places already dedicated to that...but dunno, this feels like "home" in the art department, you kno?
I know, i know, pixelation is dedicated to pixels, heh, but... hell, if i can get out of my comfort zone (try to at least), why cant pixelation?  :lol:

Cheers!  ;)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #73 on: August 28, 2008, 01:30:46 pm
Krut, I was thinking about that too. Probably it would diffuse the focus of Pixelation a bit and that's not exactly good. We don't want separate cultures from the pixel art board and the 'traditional art' whatever theoretical board. This happens a lot to big forums, there's people there and people here and they don't mix too much. Everything must come down to pixel art for this place to survive. We have the OT creativity threads if you want to post non pixel art and if you explicitly ask for critique you will get it from the keen eyes we have around. I've used it a lot, it works!

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #74 on: September 05, 2008, 03:46:14 pm
This is a great thread idea! Here's something I've been fiddling around with for an hour or so. It's a re-approach of an old piece I did in opencanvas a while ago;

I feel like I'm getting a lot closer to how a face is actually structured, but I'm sure it's still off   ::)

Offline TomF

• View Profile

Reply #75 on: September 05, 2008, 04:04:26 pm
Well it's miles better than the old piece, but something about the mouth really bothers me.

Offline Dokozai

• View Profile

Reply #76 on: September 11, 2008, 02:00:10 am

Not fleshed out, I'd like help with the basics.

Arm length, leg length, the works!
 :)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #77 on: September 11, 2008, 10:18:27 am
let's look at the chart:

Use your own judgment? Are the legs in good relative size to the torso? How about the head to the overal height? Look in relation, look good, make internal connections about ratios between lengths of body parts. Then draw again. Repeat every day. Eventually you'll get the hang of it.

Offline xdjkittiex

• View Profile

Reply #78 on: September 15, 2008, 03:33:29 am
The images are two assignments that I did for school last week.

Arm Skeletal & Muscle

Leg Skeletal & Muscle

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #79 on: September 15, 2008, 08:19:05 pm
 :P The hand is backwards.

Also you're missing some of the bones in the palm in the skeleton view as well as the foot.

I mean, it looks nice so I'll have to nitpick. What grade did you get?