AuthorTopic: Beauty [upDated]  (Read 22852 times)

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Re: Beauty

Reply #20 on: December 05, 2005, 08:05:31 pm
I came back to this stuff just so I could comment on this one piece.

That right there is a wonderful compliment in itself!  Thank you much for the crits, and I think I'm starting to make it look better, although I realise how completely I muffed this up.

Offline GOODNIGHTdestroyer

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: December 05, 2005, 09:47:37 pm
I am envious on how much you are improving skipster. This is really good.

The hair is nicely done.
And I am finally seeing that you were the one worth eating.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #22 on: December 06, 2005, 08:32:21 pm
I dont know...I actually think it would be boring if you just stuck to what the photo is like, the quirky lips and such are what makes this look special

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: December 06, 2005, 09:13:51 pm
I dont know...I actually think it would be boring if you just stuck to what the photo is like, the quirky lips and such are what makes this look special

Hah, thanks, but a bit too late  ;).  But you know it will still have the 'skipper' style, because that's kind of embedded in the way I pixel anyways.  So, don't worry.

Offline Iananan

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: December 06, 2005, 09:37:06 pm
helm's makes this better, but what i see with the lips is that they're too separated from the rest of her face, if you blur your eyes or squint, there's not that much difference in the photo

Offline xio

• Will crit for food.
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: December 06, 2005, 09:53:32 pm
First off, great effort. You obviously put very much time and energy into this. I know this thread has been floating around for a while, and there has already been a lot said here, but I noticed something that bothered me. That is the hair. The stands look very think. It reminds me of a doll my sister had with yarn hair. I realize this is very much a WIP, but I wanted to point out that the hair should have much greater color depth, and it should be much finer in appearence.

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: December 10, 2005, 01:31:22 am
At long last, a result:

Big thank you to Helm.  And if any more crits exist, please, I invite you to share.  But the hair...that just took too damn long, and I don't think it looks much like doll hair.  Just an opinion thing.

P.S. I hate dithering and am no good at it, but it's a necessary evil. 

P.P.S. Oh yes, and it's down to 20 colors, from its original 23.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Beauty [upDated]

Reply #27 on: December 10, 2005, 04:43:35 am
The two darkest skin tones aren't sitting well with me. They're too orange for my liking, especially the second to darkest. They just don't blend in to the next color very well, I think.

It's looking great though, especially now that you've given more structure to the face, what with adding some shadow and highlights on her cheekbones.

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #28 on: December 10, 2005, 06:44:42 pm
I don't feel like reading all the comments already posted ... hopefully that doesn't make me look like a retard.

The first thing i noticed thats not quite accurate is the nose. Yours has no curvature in it, while hers goes in, then back out. You also start the curve of her brow a bit too high. She also has obvious curves where her lips meet; yours has almost no curve to them. You've come a far way though, and I applaud you for that.

Beautiful girl too, I hope you hit that.

@darionmccoy

Offline Dan

• "Haha The Man"
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: December 10, 2005, 07:03:08 pm
Wow, this is some good work! Not really any crits but what made you do the jumper black not blue? Or has this already been stated and i have just missed it coz i am very tired and very unaware! :S Anyways love it! Yes she is beautiful!

Thanks,

Dan
That's the way the cookie crumbles. - Do the bug bob.     - Woot!