AuthorTopic: Beauty [upDated]  (Read 22859 times)

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Beauty [upDated]

on: December 02, 2005, 11:23:48 pm
I hate the thought that some of you will now have some insight into my personal life.

Second Draft:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 04:25:00 am by Skipper »

Offline pixelblink

• View Profile
    • pixeljoint

Re: Beauty

Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 02:17:42 am
looks terrific so far! Keep going :)

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 03:22:47 am
looks terrific so far! Keep going :)

Hm...it looks unfinished, does it?

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 03:23:20 am
I'll edit this post later for critique, because I'm in a rush, but I'd just like to tell you that you are improving a lot. I love this.
@darionmccoy

Offline pixelblink

• View Profile
    • pixeljoint

Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 07:27:04 am

Umm.. yeah. Actually, now that I zoomed in, I can barely make out the details of the sweater. There's hardly enough contrast to see those details. At a quick glance, the whole thing looks like one big black unfinished piece.
To expand on what I liked: The hair is nice and flowing without giving too much detail. The expression on her face is alluring and interesting.. which makes it enjoyable to look at to begin with. I think maybe her face could use some more subtle shades and highlights... but that's just my opinion.

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 09:27:39 pm

Umm.. yeah. Actually, now that I zoomed in, I can barely make out the details of the sweater. There's hardly enough contrast to see those details. At a quick glance, the whole thing looks like one big black unfinished piece.
To expand on what I liked: The hair is nice and flowing without giving too much detail. The expression on her face is alluring and interesting.. which makes it enjoyable to look at to begin with. I think maybe her face could use some more subtle shades and highlights... but that's just my opinion.

Whew, thank goodness it was just the sweater that had the problem.  I thought I'd need to add more shade or highlight to the face.  Big highlights or a lot of shading on the cheek just don't look right.

But thanks, that's an easy fix.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 10:15:38 pm
ah. beautyfull

this thing really says something, I somehow get the feeling you really know this person and this picture is made to show something about her, the odd yellow/pink skintones and the eerie expression complement eachother incredibly well. as far as I care any detail AA selout dither or whatnot can be left to someone else , you just keep working on expressions like those, thi strikes me with a bit of a Lautrec appeal to me.

please please dont be afraid to show more personal stuff, art is about saying something, and there's nothing that can be said that is more interestin than personal stuff, this is on a wholly diferent league than everything else I've seen from you....I'd change everything you've done for another piece like this

MORE MORE MORE

I'll reserve any crits for when I have actually seen several pieces of this type, before that I dont know where they're coming from so by my standard crits would be more along the lines of insults.

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 01:23:32 am
 :o
Sheez defenitely a beauty, at least in the way you pixeled her...

Her expression is fantastic, and yes, that yellow skintone and those realy opened eyes work great together...but what realy realy amazes me in this piece is the hair, you pixeled it with so much detail that I think my eyes will pop out from lookin too much at it!

The only thing I find wrong is the extremely small hand, in comparison to the head's size...

You should listen (in this case read) to what Camus said (in this case wrote):
please please dont be afraid to show more personal stuff, art is about saying something, and there's nothing that can be said that is more interestin than personal stuff, this is on a wholly diferent league than everything else I've seen from you....I'd change everything you've done for another piece like this

And pleeze finish this :D

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 02:37:21 am
I don't know about the hand, it looks right to me. I guess it the knuckles the fingers are bent at could be moved to the left more to make the bone between the first and second knuckle a little longer, but it's more hassle than it's worth I'd say. You also have to take into consideration that there are a lot of things blocking the hand, like the sweater and hair, so it may just appear to be smaller.

I'd just like to tell you that you are improving a lot.

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 04:38:32 am
Wow, you people sure know how to make a guy feel good.  Well, here's a little contrast update:

So you boys and girls know, this is one of my best friends, Brittney, although I do wish more.
this thing really says something, I somehow get the feeling you really know this person and this picture is made to show something about her...
As camus really hit the nail on the head.
And about the hand, well that's the way it was in the picture I used as a reference.  I guess I should include that.

And now all the real crits come as to the differences from picture to pixel.  :P

Again, thank you to everyone for the great comments and compliments!

P.S. You should really praise her for the great picture as a reference. Hah, most of the base colors are directly from the picture.  And of course, her beautiful and unusual pose.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 04:52:04 am by Skipper »