AuthorTopic: [WIP] Game Title screen + [Finished] Iso Run Animation  (Read 19525 times)

Offline heyy13

• View Profile
Huh? I would have said spanish. :3

Offline kakikukeko

• View Profile
About the picture,
looks good, very dynamic perspective! difficult to critic more than that so far  ;)
I think you can crop (a little bit ) except you will have an incredibly interesting shading later  :P right now, looks a bit bland..
an other solution if you need this size , would be to lower all the drawing a little (all except the title)
keep it up! :)

what does the title mean?

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile
untz untz untz?

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Imho the two sides of his face look too different now, and the left side looks pretty strange with the shadow.. Still I think such a shading with more highlight/shadow and more contrast would work very well on the face. The hue shifting in the pullover colours is way too extreme for my taste ;)

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount
Thanks for the comments!

kaki: i believe you mean crop the sides? As cropping the top and bottom would make it somewhat unbalanced... If that's the case, i see what you mean.
I have to fill 640x480, so i'd have to make some readjustments, add more stuff to the cropped parts, but i'll look into it, thanks. Maybe grouping the several elements together more would solve that.
I'll have to fill the sky with something, still unsure about clouds/birds/pollution or some graphic element connecting the title with the rest.
I don't think lowering it would help, it would look even more empty near the middle... I have a hard time doing logos with lettering and titles, can't always fill it up as i imagine it should look.

"Aquecimento Radical" means "Radical Warming", as in "Global warming"... yeah, i know... it's AWESOME!!!1

eck: i think a more unified, warmer skin palette would lose the contrast and visual impact of the hair. Also, i don't think the anatomy edits fit the style i was going for - cartoonish (with a hint of realism) and young - also it changes the lightsource. Hue shifts on the sweater are kinda too strong too, but i'll take it into account when readjusting the sweater palette.

philipptr: i didn't add highlights to the face to keep a cartoonish, half cel-shaded, half realistic look, but i may look for a solution to still keep the style and and more depth.

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile
i dont care about the face, or the shirt.  the point i was trying to make was with saturation.  your forground is to desaturated and blends in with the background.  they need clear seperation.  i upped the saturation on the face, shirt, and hair, and then desaturated the sky, to make the charicter 'pop'.

the face was just me fooling around trying to make it look dynamic.
untz untz untz?

Offline Turbo

• View Profile
Well you shoulda said so already. I can't figure out from a localized edit on a small part of the piece that you're refering to the whole.

I do agree with you on the necessity to make the foreground pop, needs more contrast and perhaps saturation (although i think it's on the verge of overly saturated). I'll make sure to go back to it after doing the background and adjusting properly. Thanks.

Here's a composition edit, based on kakiku's advice. Joined the elements more, and added some happy clouds.

Offline Turbo

• View Profile
Another iteration:

(Reference for the car - mainly colors and shapes: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/TurboLento/Referencias/mercedes.jpg)

Added more clouds, changed some colors on the main character, added a few new... The car was kind of a pain to get into the perspective which felt right! I should have moved faster with it, but i was having so much fun that I just kept going.

I'll have to go back to coding the game for a while before I pick art up again, maybe only next monday or so.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 08:04:18 pm by Turbo »

Offline Lmnop

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Iso Run Animation + Title screen

Reply #28 on: May 18, 2007, 08:50:17 am
I must say i absolutely love how you did that car, and the change to the sole of his shoe is much better.
Only thing that really bugs me is the face of the sprite. I know its hard to cram detail into such a small space but it just doesn't compare to the colouring on the rest of the sprite. The animation is great, look forward to seeing more from this, especially the progress on that title screen.

Offline Turbo

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Iso Run Animation + Title screen

Reply #29 on: May 18, 2007, 08:12:57 pm
Thanks for the comments. I don't really see the difference between styles, it'd help if you could be a bit more specific, but i suppose it may have to do with the face having a different shading style, less colors and less smooth than the rest. I'll work on that when i get to it.