AuthorTopic: kakiku 's dump  (Read 30004 times)

Offline kakikukeko

• View Profile

kakiku 's dump

on: March 18, 2007, 02:19:35 am
EDIT: watch at the bottom for new stuffs.. ;D I try to update it everyday  :hehe:

Hi everyone, :)

this is my first post here after lurking for a few months, enjoying watching all those edits and reading all the good advices.. :y:
so I decided to post my two first 'pieces' (≈of sh..t   ??? :crazy: )
C&Crits are very welcome ..

thx, and sorry for my (french) english  :P
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 03:47:25 pm by kakikukeko »

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Re: first post, first pixels..

Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 02:24:25 am
Peices of shit? I do say, these are quite nice for first peices. On the spriteish guy, there is one sahde on the hat (the tan one) that is unnessecary. If you cannot tell it is there, it's not nesscecary..sort of :-[ I really like the toucan looking thing :) Keep it up.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 02:30:02 am
These are rather nice beginnings, too.  I think that, while they both have some things lacking due to inexperience, they both show significant strengths that i think demonstrate your future prowess with the media :P

the first piece has a few too many colors which makes it a little bit hard to read, but the readability of the forms is very nice.

the toucanish one has a very nice understanding of colors, but is a bit overtextured/overdithered. 

If you could combine the color use of the latter with the sleek look of the former, you could have some really good stuff very soon, and then you can begin really getting into things :).

Welcome to the verbal part of the forum ^^
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 02:36:33 am
Hey, dude, these are your first pixels? Pretty friggin awesome I'd say. Yus bird's got a cousin, looks like. Also looks like you had some white hilights on the hat of the first dude but the bg was the same color so the hilights got transparent along with it. I'm not too fond of the random dithering on the bird's near wing. Love that beak though. And the whole head.
Awesome stuff, man. Welcome to Pixelation, relax, enjoy yourself, make yourself at home, all that jazz.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 02:37:09 am
These are rather nice beginnings, too.  I think that, while they both have some things lacking due to inexperience, they both show significant strengths that i think demonstrate your future prowess with the media :P

the first piece has a few too many colors which makes it a little bit hard to read, but the readability of the forms is very nice.

the toucanish one has a very nice understanding of colors, but is a bit overtextured/overdithered. 

If you could combine the color use of the latter with the sleek look of the former, you could have some really good stuff very soon, and then you can begin really getting into things :).

Welcome to the verbal part of the forum ^^

Ooo Adarias wicked new avatar ;D

----------

MOD EDIT: Not only do you post an one-liner, you also quote a whole post for no reason, and on top of that, the one-liner is praise for a different member's avatar. Please be more careful or I will have to become more drastic.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 03:37:21 am by Helm »
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 03:35:39 am
i don't think it was necessary to quote the entire post there just to tell him you like his new avatar (i find the purple overwhelming... ah! getting sidetracked) or to derail the thread, really.

Anyway, I think that the white highlight on the hat in the first piece got caught and it turned transparent, not sure. I like the second piece's dithering a lot. Looks like Yus Bird... well, his distant cousin, at least.

Very good stuff. (and welcome.)

Edit: wow, how did i post the EXACT same thing as Xion without even reading his reply... xD   guess i should do that more often.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 01:42:50 pm by Stwelin »

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 04:32:40 am
Yus bird's got a cousin, looks like.

haha!  my thoughts exactly...kaki this is a really swell start, your palettes and volumes are engaging and read excellently well, I look forward to seeing more!  BTW are you also a member on cgchat?

Offline kakikukeko

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 09:37:35 am
>Adarias
Thank; I agree about the overdithering of the bird, but I don't know how to do else  :'( :lol:

>Stwelin&Xion yeah you're right about the highlight of the hat, I'll fix that (I didn't understand why the hat had some grey px suddenly :D) thx!

>Adam, hi, yup also on cgchat/polycount  ;)

thx for the warm welcoming !  :)

Offline kakikukeko

• View Profile

Re: first post, first pixels..(update)

Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 01:36:23 pm
lazy to create a new thread for this,
here is a new attempt from a sketch I did this afternoon..
I understood  a few new stuffs on this  :crazy:

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Re: first post, first pixels..(update)

Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 03:46:53 pm
Great stuff, man. Nice vibrant palettes and good readibility.

You could try smoothening some of the jagged lines with the colors you already have. Just a minor nitpick though.

Post more!!! :)