AuthorTopic: [WIP] Partisan Tactics Battles : Animations, woah  (Read 241226 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Fantasy Tactics

Reply #60 on: June 19, 2006, 05:08:41 am
I'm very happy that DrDD is partaking, because this means that it's on you to endure and provide art to finish the project. He never fails to deliver.

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #61 on: June 19, 2006, 09:14:52 am
About the eyes, the left set stands out alot more, but gives a very cute/cartoony look the characters, the right looks more blended/darker, and gives a slightly more realistic/detailed look. I think the right set would match your game better.

The black helmet on the bottom right sprite reminds me of a gas-mask, I'm assuming its supposed to be an metal helmet?

I second the notion to move 'tactics' and 'battles' onto one side (probably to the right side). It does look clickable as is. I will say the title screen is very good though, I love the emblem, and blue = awesomeness. Add some purple in there to = more awesomeness.

Your game is looking to be pretty sweet; the rock palette, in particular, is very intriging to me. It's good to Fil_Razorback finally got someone to work with hehe. Good luck with your project.

Offline DrDerekDoctors

• View Profile

Reply #62 on: June 19, 2006, 10:41:37 am
I'm very happy that DrDD is partaking, because this means that it's on you to endure and provide art to finish the project. He never fails to deliver.

Aw bless. <quietly sweeps partially finished version of Split Personalities under nearest carpet...>

As for the new screens, they look most lovely. Thinking about it, there's no real reason not to use slopey heighty tiles in Lands Of Chaos if you like. It'd purely be a cosmetic thing, but I can't deny it'd look reet gradely (which is good). Love the dude with the tricorney hat. :)
--

DrDerekDoctors

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Reply #63 on: June 19, 2006, 11:56:40 am
which of these two do you like better?

I'd choose the left set, mainly because, on the right set, they look like they have makeup or something. Just feels weird to me.

Anyway, all of this is awsome, I wish you good luck for both the projects. I'm just wondering, is there any chance these will run on Mac? That would be really nice :)

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Reply #64 on: June 19, 2006, 12:05:47 pm
Partisan Tactics Battles is a flash game so it's ok for PC and Mac =)

I don't know how Lands Of Chaos is made ^^

Offline DrDerekDoctors

• View Profile

Reply #65 on: June 19, 2006, 12:08:07 pm
GP2X (single player only, likely) and PC (single player and multiplayer pbem - also quite likely graphically upgraded to use opengl for effects).
--

DrDerekDoctors

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #66 on: June 19, 2006, 02:38:57 pm
Ace work!

I prefer the second set of characters (right), since they look a little darker and I think they'll show up better against your bright ground tiles.

I'm loving the new profession tree, and the piracy option is very attractive. My only complaint would be with the lower left part of the tree. The fighter types look very similar to the default, especially at 100%. Perhaps one could have a small helmet, and the full-blown type could have a helmet that encapsulates his whole head, capped with a jaunty plume.

I think that with characters so small, differentiation is clutch.

The title screen is very slick also. Keep up the good work.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #67 on: June 20, 2006, 10:04:01 am
That is incredibly sexy.
When do you think you will have a demo of your game?

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #68 on: June 24, 2006, 01:29:40 pm
As demos go, i cant really say anything about LoC, but i think i can say PTB will almost definately have a playable demo before the end of summer (correct me if im wrong, Fil)

i was wondering if i could get some feedback on this test text box?  Fil is working on a few too that we will probably go with but i also kinda want to get technical feedback as far as the AA work

the button says "h" which in the game will be confirm (F,G,H are controls because of international differences in keyboards)

font isnt mine, its bold Lucida Consol, which is nice because every character is 8x8/  22 characters fit to a line, 88 total fit per message
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 01:36:06 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #69 on: June 24, 2006, 03:08:08 pm
I like the first - It's bright and easy to read. The second seems a bit dull with less focus on it - could be used if a portrait is at the top and another at the bottom, and that holds the previous said text.. Maybe. The patterns in the corners are very decorative -  ;)