AuthorTopic: [WIP] Stasis | Game Dump! | BOSS DETAIL? Dx  (Read 19357 times)

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

[WIP] Stasis | Game Dump! | BOSS DETAIL? Dx

on: June 09, 2009, 05:08:53 am
Okay, so its been awhile since I've posted anything, but me and a friend are working on a game, and we are having a helicopter crash scene in it. The game is set in the near future, and so this is what we have come up with for a basic helicopter design. Any edits, crits, detail suggestions are welcome! I need some help on form and details, and possibly shading and stuff...yeah everything D:!

The guy/style/size for our game

'Sharptail' Helo

Drug Behemoth

Sokota

« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 05:56:07 am by Sokota »

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Sharptail Helicopter | Game

Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 07:20:57 am
Update. I made some tweaks and added some details; what do you think of those? Also, I'm having a hard time deciding what should go where the jet thrust engines are...This is a slightly futuristic helicopter (Sorta), and so it's going to have jet engines with exhaust, etc, but I'm not sure of the best way to make them. Do the new ones throw perspective off? Do they fit stylistically? Crits, please! Oh yeah, darkened the whole thing as well.

[Image-B-Gone]

Sokota

Ignore the guys under it, lol.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 02:11:06 am by Sokota »

Offline hsn2555

• Hakuna Matata
    • View Profile
    • HsnGoneWild Gallery

Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 11:56:29 am
give it a pellicular glass, spread the shading all over the helicopter ,and add more details please!!!!! . there :
Be Like no other

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 01:19:35 pm
Since you're using exaggerated proportions for the characters, why not try exaggerating the vehicle a little bit too? (bigger canopy, smaller body, or whatever, experiment around!) It's a little strange to have this painstakingly recreated aircraft that looks almost like a technical drawing piloted by cartoony little guys.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 08:10:46 am
I like the glass you did, hsn, but I don't like the random lines and dithering for shading...As for the contstruction of the vehicle, Ben2TheEdge (Thanks for posting, I like your art!) it is exaggerated in the body part; it seems taller to me. Also I wanted it to be semi realistic, for the way I'm going to animated. As for the characters, they are a bit proportionally off from being realistic, yes, but ingame they ARE the realism. If that makes any sense...Any crits on the helicopter would be great though! Things to add, take away, shading, AA, etc etc. I need this thing to look ace when I'm done. Also, didn't I say ignore the characters under the helo? :P

Sokota

More crits please?

Offline hsn2555

• Hakuna Matata
    • View Profile
    • HsnGoneWild Gallery

Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 08:51:42 am
try to brighten the colors so you can add seeable details, and that armies' helicopters texture .
like the heli's pic you added
Be Like no other

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 10:35:25 am
I like the glass you did, hsn, but I don't like the random lines and dithering for shading...As for the contstruction of the vehicle, Ben2TheEdge (Thanks for posting, I like your art!) it is exaggerated in the body part; it seems taller to me. Also I wanted it to be semi realistic, for the way I'm going to animated. As for the characters, they are a bit proportionally off from being realistic, yes, but ingame they ARE the realism. If that makes any sense...Any crits on the helicopter would be great though! Things to add, take away, shading, AA, etc etc. I need this thing to look ace when I'm done. Also, didn't I say ignore the characters under the helo? :P

Sokota

More crits please?

You just seem to be making up random excuses not to have to edit the heli here.

Ben has a really good point. Currently it's kind of weird as you seem to making the helicopter realistic, even when the characters are greatly out of proportion.
It's currently kind of like putting Mario in Call of Duty 4. (Well, a bit less extreme than that but you get the point.)

The 'in game they are realistic' comment does in fact not make sense. It's like saying Pikmin are real because they are the realism in that game.
Well yeah sure it is. But then why would you place a helicopter with a different style in there? That would be like clashing 2 realities.

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 02:12:42 am
Hsn the photo is grainy, it's not a 'texture'. And the helicopter is supposed to be dark gray, like in the picture, or even black. But thanks for the suggestion. Opacus, you are really good with pixels as well, thanks for commenting. As for your comments, well, maybe I should post some more things of the game, and add that to the first post. I don't want crits on them really, because we'll just have to do ANOTHER restyle/resprite of stuff we already have...We need to actually finish a game. To me the style doesn't seem to clash much at all, but I guess that's just me. So should I add more outlines to it? I've been trying to do stuff by forms more, as you can tell I hope..but, to me the physical proportions seem good...An edit would help alot more. I'll see what I can whip up, but even though the game has cartoony characters, it is semi realistic.

As for my realism comment, it's ironic you say it doesn't make sense then agree with it.  :P

Sokota

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 03:14:55 am
Sokota, Opacus is right imo. The realistic style of the helicopter just doesn't fit the chibi characters. You can't claim the game to be semi-realistic when you have characters with arms so short they can't even get something out of their pockets.

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 09:52:30 am
The only arm posted is for the black guy? It's a mouse aimer, so there are no arms for the other two guys (The more contrasted one is the updated one). Like I said, we can't go through yet another style update. I like the helicopter as it is. I just wish someone would make an edit, because to me, the proportions are perfect..

Sokota