AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 1004336 times)

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #2320 on: April 22, 2012, 08:54:52 am
Anyone else playing Fez?

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed.
I love the atmosphere and the core gameplay, but all the meta-stuff put me off. First off almost everyone speaks in a language you're supposed to translate outside of the game (pen and paper) but I don't have an HDTV and I can barely even make out the symbols, same problem with the tetris blocks representing buttons I'm supposed to press- the whole thing is what, 3 pixels wide? nope, I'm not pressing my face up against the TV.
And the sheer amount of all these cryptic messages puts me off even attempting to solve one.

I just can't really access this whole other half to the game and it makes it hard to enjoy, I would rather watch someone else play and explain the game- and I think that's a sign of a bad game.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #2321 on: April 23, 2012, 09:46:58 am
You have some valid complaints mixed with some invalid complaints. A budget monitor + Xbox 360 VGA adapter could improve your experience significantly.

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #2322 on: April 23, 2012, 09:56:31 am
That goes for a lot of 360 games, doesn't it?
It seems most game devs think everyone has an HD tv nowadays.
Larger fonts as an option are practically a nonexistant feature for whatever reason.
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #2323 on: April 24, 2012, 12:59:54 am
Yeah, even a few Wii games had very small text that was hard to read, I know I'll get an HDTV eventually but I didn't expect Fez to require one.
I should clarify I don't hate the game, I enjoyed playing it and I don't regret buying it. But there's this whole other half to the game I'm finding a bit too hard to access, like there are these QR barcodes in the game you can scan with your iphone but I don't have one so I have no idea what they do.

Basically, I know I can't get 100% so I feel like it's pointless.

It's a shame because it seems like everyone who's decoding puzzles and translating dialog is having their minds blown.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Reply #2324 on: May 01, 2012, 09:46:50 pm
Just saw this fantastic Deadly Premonition tribute on youtube. And I swear to god I knew it was Helm from the thumbnail already, don't ask me why!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XECH9w3y3AM

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #2325 on: May 02, 2012, 07:43:58 am
Hehe, yes. I don't take too much credit for that one because it is a rush-job based on a conversion of a frame of the game, after all.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #2326 on: May 07, 2012, 05:37:56 am
Just an FYI for anyone intersted, Creative Suite 6 is out for download on Adobe's servers. Here's a (legal, legit) direct download link if you want to try the new softwares out.

I really, really, like the new subscription model. I'll gladly shell out $20 a month for the latest and greatest Photoshop version. Creative Cloud looks like a good deal too.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #2327 on: May 11, 2012, 03:18:35 am
The idea of downloading the beta free seems cool, but considering how they're going into subscription model couldnt this possibly have some draconian DRM that embeds itself to your motherboard (exagerating :p) so you can never erease it? this could be the worm to their hook.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #2328 on: May 11, 2012, 05:08:29 am
Actually, it's the older versions of CS that use draconian DRM. CS1 & CS2 install SafeCast DRM, and CS3 installs FlexNet DRM, both of which write data to the boot sector of your HD, which hangs around even during OS re-installs. Newer versions rely solely on phoning home and checking the license key for uniqueness.

Having hopped around between several Mac and Windows computers the past few years, I know way too much about the pains of DRM.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2329 on: May 12, 2012, 03:38:33 am
I'm lovin' CS6!