AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364655 times)

Offline Vanilliyan

• Vanilliyan
    • Vanilliyan
    • Vanilliyan
    • Vanilliyan
    • View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #520 on: February 09, 2017, 12:26:35 pm
Hello everyone,

I like to make sprites. I have little to no self-esteem, and I seem to be unhire-able. Tired of looking for work, I thought I should just focus on trying to get better at making things I like to do, such as 2D art and my favourite: Pixel-art.

Problem is, I'm really slow, always been, and really need help improving. Both quality and especially speed-wise, I need to up my game if I ever want to make to be a part of a team where I can sprite all day without being as slow as I am.

I hope I can be of any use to you. I like the concept of this site and would like to see this being a place I can visit often.

Offline blaster

• @pita_akm
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/46574.htm
    • silverdeluxe
    • View Profile

Reply #521 on: February 11, 2017, 11:33:04 am
Good evening!

My name is Pita. I've admired this community for what feels like over a decade. Actually, it might very well be over a decade. Thought it might be time to get my feet wet, my fingers in pies, and join in the fun.

Or get flash-backs of tortuous critique sessions during my art school days.

I live in Wellington, New Zealand. I'm currently teaching myself how to make games while continuing to practice pushing pixels in--I hope--a professional capacity.

Peace!

Offline AdjectiveAnimal

• View Profile

Reply #522 on: February 21, 2017, 05:14:01 am
Hello, I'm going by the alias AdjectiveAnimal here and I am excited to be joining this community of pixel artists. From what I've seen there is plenty of talent here and I would love to learn from you all.

Although I have played around with pixel art over the course of many years, I haven't gotten very serious about it until this year. My ultimate goal is to create 100% of the graphics for a game I'll be making with a few others. I will appreciate your honest opinions and advice so I can learn early in the process and then implement as I create more.

Thanks for reading!

Offline bobjiju

• View Profile
    • Toys r us credit card

Reply #523 on: February 28, 2017, 10:28:44 am
Hello, I am bob and I heard about this forum from one of my friend. He is an active member of this forum ( sorry, can't disclose name :P ) and he recommended me to join it. Hence, I am here exploring the forum.

Offline Talhayousuf

• View Profile
    • Reverse image search - Advanced image search to find similar images on google bing

Reply #524 on: February 28, 2017, 02:25:41 pm
Hi I am new here,,,
Reverse image search - Advanced image search to find similar images on google bing http://www.image-search.org/ :-) Why Not have a try??

Offline konileyo

• View Profile

Reply #525 on: March 01, 2017, 11:13:13 am
 My ultimate goal is to create 100% of the graphics for a game I'll be making with a few others. I will appreciate your honest opinions and advice so I can learn early in the process and then implement as I create more.

Offline konileyo

• View Profile

Reply #526 on: March 01, 2017, 11:13:45 am
So... um... hey?
I don't have a lot of experience in pixel art, but I figure that's why I should join a place like this! Hopefully I can get some great pointers here. I've admired a lot of the work I've seen in these forums, and after coming here for the tenth time, I figured I should sign up and post(though my job pulls me away from a lot of independent stuff I want to do). I look forward to hearing any and all opinions that can be thrown my way! I'm not looking to be a pro at pixel work- but there's a great amount of patience and trial and error that goes into this art-genre that allures me. You guys have a lot of patience(as well as skill) to do what you do, and I can only hope I can get halfway there!  :) <-- that shows you I'm excited to be here.  :P<-- okay. That's even more excited.

Offline MercyMatt

• View Profile

Reply #527 on: March 05, 2017, 02:39:05 pm
Hi everyone!  I'm Matt.  I'm nearing the end of my first senior year at my University where I'm a computer science major in a systems specialization capacity.  Two of my electives this year have been very games/media ...centric and I'm dipping my toes in the possibility of employment in that realm when I finally do graduate.  I'm much more interested in the coding side of things, but I got the game dev humble bundle and have been tinkering with Pyxel Edit and thought this might be fun to do too.

Offline vashikaranhub

• View Profile

Reply #528 on: March 06, 2017, 04:53:05 am
Hi everyone...

Offline gulcasa

• View Profile

Reply #529 on: March 21, 2017, 04:34:52 am
Howdy, mates!

I'm Gulcasa (no relation to the Yggdra Union villain), an [as of now] unemployed computer scientist from Brazil, wannabe game designer and amateur pixel artist, and I'm here to join you fine folks because I'd like to hone the craft, and that sorely needs the company of good artists and proper criticism that doesn't come from friends, haha. I'll be sure to try and help as much as I'm helped.

Hope to see you elsewhere!