AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 363646 times)

Offline Tbone_Ty

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #540 on: May 03, 2017, 12:20:06 am
Hey everyone!

I've been lurking on Pixelation as a guest for a few days now, but I decided it was time to finally register and become a 'real' person!

Just in the last week, I have started dabbling in the realm of pixel art, and although I am still very new and unskilled, I have found it to be a very satisfying and enjoyable way of expressing my ideas. I registered on the forum because I have a desire to become a better pixel artist (actually just artist in general), so I figured the best way to improve was to just dive right in and start making and posting what I come up with!

I am looking forward to learning everything I can and to becoming a part of the community!  :)

~Tbone_Ty

Offline drax013

• View Profile

Reply #541 on: May 04, 2017, 06:27:09 pm
Hello! I am drax013, and brand new to pixelation and hope to have many constructive conversations!
I am fairly new to pixel art ( about a year off and on now) but have become very fond of this style of art. I hope I can be as helpful to others in time as I learn more about pixel art and tile set making.  ;D

Offline Rikazu

• View Profile

Reply #542 on: May 18, 2017, 12:18:27 pm
Hello, I'm Rikazu. I'm new to the site and also new to pixel art, since I can't really say that I've been doing that professionally for a long time now (lol). I've always been creating my pixel art through instinct and without a proper guide on such stuff.
I've been making games on my past time (for 7 years now), and I can say that I'm not that satisfied with that art that I've been doing for years. I think it lacks something but I cannot totally describe it. Ever since I was a kid I really love pixel art although I'm not good at art at all, I can have ideas but the pen won't do the thing I'm thinking or imagining about.
Nice to meet you all~

Offline Raven Foxx

• Ravenhoof
    • View Profile

Reply #543 on: May 22, 2017, 05:19:50 am
Hi, I'm Raven Foxx. I'm new to the forums and new to pixel art, but I understand some things. I am 14 years old as of writing this, so please don't be too hard on me... well, that's my introduction! Ciao!

Offline immortalwombat

• View Profile

Reply #544 on: May 31, 2017, 05:11:22 am
Hi All, Immortal Wombat here. I'm relatively new here as we'll as being new to pixel art. I used to doodle characters a lot as a kid/early teen but other than that I don't really have any other background in art. Despite my short time here I've already received much help in the way of constructive criticism and positive feedback. Its always nice to find such a friendly community as this. I hope I can one day help others along with their projects on here as others have helped me.

Offline LarkoftheRiver

• Hobbist Animator + Apprentice Falconer
    • ordinaryredtail
    • ordinaryredtail
    • ordinaryredtail
    • sarah.fonvile.9
    • View Profile

Reply #545 on: June 05, 2017, 01:39:31 pm
Its been FOREVER!

But, I'm back here again! My name is Sarah, I'm a college student of mostly undeclared major (I would like to go into veterinary medicine, wildlife management, or something similar). I do art and animation in my free time.

I'm also an apprentice falconer (hunting with birds of prey) and I volunteer at a bird of prey rehabilitation center (not related to falconry). I help there with caring for injured raptors who will hopefully be sent back into the wild, as well as doing education shows with the ambassador raptors.

I would like to start drawing again, as I've started to get discouraged with my art, and I look forward to drawing with you all!

Offline turbo lazer 68K

• View Profile

Reply #546 on: August 21, 2017, 07:33:37 pm
hi

i am the turbo lazer 68k hailing from unintentified piece of soil in eastern europe. :)

Though my childhood years was in the ps2 era, at the age of 8 i discovered that all of this emulator stuff existed thru which i could explore games from different times and spaces that i would otherwise have never heard of.

Whilst playing all tha retro crap i gained (platonic) fetish for pixel art when upon beholding vidyas like Lomax and Metal Slug, which made me realise that while hewg crunchy squares might be a manifestation of low-tekness, they never were a manifestation of fugliness like a lot of kids thought.

Eventually i tried my hand at pixelpushing and with time it became one of my favourite techniques for making grafix as well as paintings. I find it enchating bkuz it requires to work on very low-level, controlling every pixel by hand while at the same time being oddly simple - no multiple layers, 236342 brush settings, smudging - you just pop pixel into this colour or that colour, that's all the choice you have, and it is bootifully primitive.

ps. this site has the best built-in emoticons i have seen anywhere ever, who drew them?

Offline Shizuko

• hi There! ^^
    • View Profile
    • My Piskel Galery lol ^^

Reply #547 on: August 30, 2017, 12:59:55 pm
hi There Guys!

I´m Shizuko, but I think you already know that huh? XD
I want to be better in Pixel Art, specially I want to make a World Map and design Characters ^^
And because Im on a a new School where I will learning programming for Games and Programs itselves ^.^
Maybe I can make some Sprites for a Game then huh :o

Have good Day :3 ^^
Im so in shame in the Moment,
why Im so bad in English now?
Where is my good English? meh

Offline EduardoPras

• If it is damn hard it is probably right
    • Eduardo_pras
    • illpalazzo-sama.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • Beta 2 Games Studio

Reply #548 on: September 02, 2017, 12:46:17 am
Hello everyone! First post here.

My name is Eduardo and I've always loved games.
I've worked in advertisement for years and the work sucked so bad(And the sleep you get is so little) that I quit and started making games.
I've been making pixelart for about 3 years now and I am quite fond of it.
I am also the programmer of the team so unfortunately I can't put all my time in pixelart but i've been trying to improve. And i hope i can get some feedback here, i've found some amazing improvement from people in the foruns and i hope i can join the improvement club. Heheh!

Hope we can exchange some nice info. Never been part of a pixel art forum before.

Anyway that's my summary, hope to see you around.

Offline Bacrylic

• bacrylic
    • View Profile

Reply #549 on: September 07, 2017, 07:39:58 am
Hello everyone.

I forgot to post here first, since I've just been in the devlogs.

I am Bacrylic, cofounder and art director of Squaretale.
I intend to do a lot of different projects, but I'm here because of our first game endeavor is a pixel game.
Someone in the game developer's association recommended coming here for advice.