AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 363644 times)

Offline jams

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/120299.htm
    • asahel.deviantart.com
    • View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #510 on: November 23, 2016, 05:46:18 pm
Hello, folks!

I'm a programmer who always wants to be a little more creative. Pixel art has been a love of mine for a very long time, as well as concept art. I've hopped in and out of various artistic communities, tried many things, but never fully developed the skills I wanted.

I'm here to be inspired by you awesome people, develop my artistic abilities, and possibly find projects to get involved with.

Will talk more soon :) Thanks for reading!

Offline Landbanana

• View Profile

Reply #511 on: November 24, 2016, 05:51:30 pm
I guess this is where I introduce myself. I am a highschool junior (Grade 11 for you non-Americans) and I have very minimal background in art. The only art class I took was Drawing II, and the only reason I took it was to get the fine art credit I need to graduate. I have never drawn on my own time. I was hoping to try out pixel art, even though art never interested me I kind of wanted to challenge myself to learn something totally outside my comfort zone. This website is exactly what I was looking for to help me learn how to create pixel art, and I really want to be an active user. Anyway, I'll try and upload something I made soon so you guys can critique. Cheers!

Offline Achrileg

• Achrileg
    • View Profile

Reply #512 on: December 13, 2016, 03:31:00 am
Hey there!

So, I guess it's time to get rid of the disconnect I have from any scene, forum or social interactions on the internet, so why not start here? While I post on twitter, it's not really personal at all.

I haven't been a part of any forums, or at least an active participant of one, for a long time, since I started animating, what... 8-10 years ago, or even more? Stick-page portal, the start of me loving animation.

Now I'm, I guess, a pixel artist. Was doing some freelance work for a while, until now, dedicating myself to a game I'm developing with a friend, and an art/ design higher education. You can call me a game developer, but I'm scolded at constantly that I can't call myself as such until I release my own game.

European, Latvian. 23 years old. I've a weird look at life.

Hopefully, I'll post here, at least now and then. I'm sure I won't be the most active member, but hey, can't hurt to socialize now and then.

So hello to everyone!

Offline Artzie

• View Profile

Reply #513 on: December 28, 2016, 10:44:07 am
Hello  ;D

My name's Danika, but most people call my Dani.  :crazy:
I'm mainly an illustrator and just finished up studying Graphic Design. I want to work on a portfolio for game art and get my foot in to the door of the gaming industry.

I'm here to learn and improve my pixel art. I want to help out my BF who's a solo game dev doing a pixel art, top down puzzle game. But to make the most out of my time and skills I need to learn how to really make the most with the space given and some other theory I'm currently reading up on :lol:

I'll be floating around looking at tutorials and asking questions and I'm excited for critiques to help me improve.  :y:

Offline Marcus Aseth

• View Profile

Reply #514 on: January 09, 2017, 10:19:50 pm
Hi I'm Marcus, I jump from trying 3d to trying programming and now I was just looking for some new hobby and pixel art seemed interesting and I ended up in this forum, I suck at pixel art though xD
So I hope my noob presence won't annoy all the great artists around (opened some random topics, found only awesome stuff!)  :)

Offline Ominous_pumpkin

• View Profile

Reply #515 on: January 15, 2017, 05:23:18 pm
Hello!

Names pumpkin, ominous pumpkin. I luvs me some pixel arts.

Now, if anyone would be so kind...I cant seem to figure out how to add photos (does it matter the format) so that I can actually upload some of my works here for critique? I see the [img] brackets when I click on the add image but do I need to put a link inbetween them? I was just going to upload a jpg or gif but that was the only insert image button I found??? I'm dumb I know but I am also a pumpkin so you cant expect a lot.

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #516 on: January 16, 2017, 12:03:18 am
Hello!

Names pumpkin, ominous pumpkin. I luvs me some pixel arts.

Now, if anyone would be so kind...I cant seem to figure out how to add photos (does it matter the format) so that I can actually upload some of my works here for critique? I see the [img] brackets when I click on the add image but do I need to put a link inbetween them? I was just going to upload a jpg or gif but that was the only insert image button I found??? I'm dumb I know but I am also a pumpkin so you cant expect a lot.

http://pixelation.org/pixelation/index.php?topic=3466.0

Offline Nakuri

• _Nakuri_
    • View Profile

Reply #517 on: January 27, 2017, 10:23:09 pm
Good evening everyone!

I go by Nakuri and I'm coming from Germany. I'm an aspiring pixel-artist and also seek to find entrance into the games industry. I have been doing a little bit of pixelart for various projects, mainly games during the Global Game Jam. I'm coming to this forum mostly to seek critique and improve my skills. I'll post soonish in the respective Subforum.

Some of my work you can see on my profile on the Global Game Jam-Website: http://globalgamejam.org/users/nakurii

I'm looking forward to some discussions and talks.

Offline Zeurille

• View Profile

Reply #518 on: January 30, 2017, 02:05:35 pm
Hey! ;D
I'm Zeurille, you guys can call me Zeu or whichever nicknames you can create from that :)

I'm just getting into pixel art (less than a year in the medium) and after designing a bit of pixel art for our prototype game, I want to pursue the art style in depth. That's when I started searching for tutorials on how pixel art is created, the jargons that surround it, and how to tell whether it is pixel art or not.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot of stuff here, meet awesome artists and improve on my skills as time passes by.
And in the future, I hope I will be of help to other artists as well :>

I might post our prototype game assets here and ask for feedback on that ^_^

Nice to meet all of you!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 02:09:52 pm by Zeurille »

Offline jcongerkallas1

• Freelance Animator, 3D Sculptor, Website Owner
    • View Profile
    • Animation Pagoda

Reply #519 on: February 01, 2017, 03:34:43 pm
Hi everyone.  I'm a freelance 3D animator and art enthusiast.  I also admin the WIP website http://www.animationpagoda.com/.

I never really properly learned how to draw in any of the schools I went to.  In college I made the mistake of majoring in a multimedia/3D animation program where the emphasis was on very technical software rather than covering any fundamental art skills like color theory or life drawing.  Despite taking enough art classes on the side to understand the essential theory and concepts, all my sketches still end up looking like scribbles, and it is really holding me back from doing what I love. 

This place seems to have a lot of good resources, so I'm hoping to work on learning more about pixel art.  I'd love to meet other artists and design character sprites for a game someday.