AuthorTopic: Mockup Frenzy #8: Megaman!  (Read 296122 times)

Offline Lord Ash

• View Profile

Re: Mockup Frenzy #8: Megaman!

Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 01:25:58 am
count me in
I'll post something soon

Offline floatvoid

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 02:37:42 am
I was curious, if the limit for sprites its 8x16, how are we able to get characters much larger than that? (gutsman for example) Or, these guys: http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/files/Classic/MM1/Boss/mm1bigenemysheet.gif

Does this use some kind of code trickery to tile up a bunch of sprite images in sequence?

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #22 on: August 20, 2008, 02:52:01 am
Does this use some kind of code trickery to tile up a bunch of sprite images in sequence?

Yes - even super mario is made up of some 8 sprites, at least.  But the really big megaman enemies (just like the giant bosses in lots of other NES games) are just tiles

Offline MrMister

• meltymorph
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 03:47:12 am
Here's what I got so far

it might be a one shot deal

Offline rdcarvallo

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: August 20, 2008, 05:18:41 am
Here goes 2 of my 8 robot masters: Katana Man and Scorpion Man, still W.I.P.

The original design of Katana Man:

I'll try to make my 8 robot masters.

The tileset/stage will be the Katana Man ~ Samurai themed stage.

Offline floatvoid

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: August 20, 2008, 05:19:16 am
AdamAtomic: Cool, thanks :).

Ok, here goes. Just as a preface, I haven't touched pixel art in a good number of years... probably 5 or so. Just getting back in the groove of things. :)

Obviously I haven't been following the rules 100% yet. Since this is my first foray into the pixel domain in a while, I'm kind of pushing past NES limits to get in the groove, then I may push back and re-optimize later. Goes without saying, this is VERY VERY w-i-p.

I call him MOUNTAIN MAN. He's a gunslingin' cowboy from the west (west of Dr.Wiley's evil factory!). He rocks a big-ole beard and six-shooters for hands.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #26 on: August 20, 2008, 05:25:20 am
Aaah badass start, floatvoid, looking forward to seeing where this is going :D  At least on my screen your cowboy looks a little bit like a terrifying owl right now, maybe better delineation between the 'stache and the...cool clint eastwood mexican shawl thingy?

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: August 20, 2008, 06:11:33 am
That's nuts. I was going to do Warp Man myself until I saw Ryona's Warp Woman!

Aw, sowwy. But Tempo-Man is actually a really cool idea. I like the portrait pic.
And actually before I came up with Warp-Woman, I was going to go with Galaxy-Woman, but I then changed my mind. Glad I did because I later found out that there will be a Galaxy-Man in MegaMan 9! haha

Anyway, here's an update of my schtuff...
I updated Warp-Woman's portrait and created a few enemies so far.

I like what I see from everyone else.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 09:25:15 am by Ryona »

Offline Pietepiet

• View Profile
    • Pietepiet

Reply #28 on: August 20, 2008, 10:09:13 am
I've been lurking for far too long, figured I'd finally show myself for this challenge.

Because I'm not actually sure if my idea is allowed, I figured I'd post this WIP first before I start working on the tiles. This is SneakMan, with the power to, obviously, sneak around and completely disappear in stealth. Also included is an enemy. My source of inspiration should be quite obvious, which is why I'm asking if something like this is allowed for this challenge. If not, I'll think of something else, no problem :)

Cheers!

Offline QuickSilva

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: August 20, 2008, 12:03:40 pm
Solid Snake? Of course it`s OK. At this small size you can hardly tell anyway. Just have fun with it. The rules are only there as guidelines but the main emphasis is on enjoying yourself. Of course, being original is always the best option though.

Love all of the other entries so far, especially yours Ryona! Keep em coming guys (and gals ;) ) Looking forward to seeing some tilesets too.

Jason.