AuthorTopic: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread  (Read 49820 times)

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Re: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread

Reply #20 on: November 18, 2005, 07:00:48 pm
I call this poem, "Gay Alligator" for you, Flabber.

- Gay Alligator -

Alligator on a pirate ship
What an image, a mighty trip
On the seas, off to adventure
To find rainbow flags, bags, no fear!

Man without a face
Monster without taste
The alligator is of green and pink
Standing tall, is he the missing link?

So there he goes, dancing at night
The music is disco, but no one in sight
But sure enough, the little gay alligator dances alone
In the moonlight, he finds the pride to hold his own.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but all gay people don't listen to disco. :(

And I hope you having an ego is just a joke ... because its really irritating.

I challenge you to leave and never come back

I second this challenge.

I second your second.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 07:04:58 pm by Darion »
@darionmccoy

Offline NyanNyanKoneko

• View Profile
    • Playing With Yarn

Reply #21 on: November 18, 2005, 08:40:54 pm

Sorry to dissapoint you, but all gay people don't listen to disco. :(

No, but this gay alligator is dancing disco on a pirate ship, and that's what the poem is about.  ;D  ->

And wait, are you seriously kicking me off the board?  That's not very cool.  Especially coming from Dogmeat; I consider him a friend and someone I trust.

Well, I'm not one to stir up drama, so if a lot of people are trying to kick me out, I'll just leave.  Besdies, I'm really popular, so no big loss.

So oh well, sorry I couldn't do more for the board, especially as one of the new daijins.  However, I really enjoyed posting here.

I'm going to say my goodbyes first though.   :)

Indigo - I said it before, I really think you're an awesome artist, and someone with a lot going for you.  I hope we'll run into each other again on another board.

Peppermint Pig - I always enjoyed not only your art, but your attitude.  Keep up the good work.

Dogmeat - You're one of the most candid people on this board, and someone I totally trust.  You have a good attitude and a good brain!  I'll miss the back and forths we had.

Gil - I'll see you on the other board.  Keep posting there!  I want to see your volleyball game completed.   :P

Crab - I STILL like the cut of your jib.   ;D  You come across as someone who is always smiling.  I really like that about some people, and it's the reason that I was originally attracted to my boyfriend.  So I want you to keep up your good attitude, and your good art.   :D

And everyone else - I havn't seen a single person on this board I didn't like.  Everyone has such a good attitude and such good drive.  I'll miss looking at all the art everyone is posting.  This is one of the only boards I have seen where everyone is so outgoing to help.  In fact, that's why I was running for daijin.  I was so moved by all of your willingness to help each other, I wanted to help too, even though my art skills arn't as developed.   :P  I hope to see some of you guys around in the future, on other boards or what-not.  If you ever see a NyanNyanKoneko around, don't be afraid to give me a message.

Sincerly Yours,
NyanNyanKoneko (Kaitlyn)

EDIT: Read below, I'll start posting again in a few months.   ;D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 01:49:23 am by NyanNyanKoneko »

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: November 18, 2005, 09:01:00 pm
i know i already said that i left, but god damn rofl.

nyannyankoneko.....watch your fucking ego.

"Besdies, I'm really popular, so no big loss."

rofl, what the fuck is up with that shit...im sorry, haha.
alexander

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: November 18, 2005, 09:38:22 pm
Does this mean you will not be participating in the debate??

It wasn't up to me to go around asking anybody if they wanted to participate in a debate.  Nyan, you and Gil came up with some specific guidelines about taking questions, but not really 'debating' one another on points. As it is, there are only five days left, and coordinating something won't be easy.

A free-for-all debate could have been an attempt to target someone or cause an incident.

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: November 18, 2005, 11:35:12 pm
What is this "other forum" you speak of?

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #25 on: November 18, 2005, 11:55:45 pm
wow - she left...  as far as i knew, i thought this whole thing was just a joke up to this point....unless it still is and i just dont know it yet.  I may have to have a chat with ya and try to get you to stay here

and since second-ing is a popular subject...
2>1

I win.

(VOTE INDIGO, FOOLS!)
i second what Kal said
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 12:16:33 am by Indigo »

Offline NyanNyanKoneko

• View Profile
    • Playing With Yarn

Reply #26 on: November 19, 2005, 12:32:41 am
Indigo makes a good point.  If I leave forever, so many people will miss me that it could create MORE drama, which is what I want to avoid.  Avoiding drama is why I am leaving in the first place.  :D

Originally, I got caught up in the challenge, but it's probably a better idea to compromise and say I'll leave for a few months, then after all the drama has died down, I'll return.  That way I don't get forcefully banned, nor will I be gone forever.  Now the people who want me outta here get me outta here, and the people who want me to stay will know it's not perminent.   Everyone is happy.   ;D

Just remember, no one put a gun up to my head and said I HAD to go.  I made a choice, so I don't want the people who think I'm too cool for words starting drama with the people who thought I was just too cool to stay.   ;D  Also, I feel really good about this decision.  It allows time for drama to cool down, while maintaining good terms with everyone.   :)

Besides, don't miss me too much, I'll still post on the Game Developer's Refuge.  Plus my AIM is in my profile, and my yahoo account is in my campaign thread.  I'll be checking my PM box for the next few days too.  But this is my last post on this board for quite a while.   :P

Good luck to the rest of the canidates, I hope you all do well.   ;D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 01:42:45 am by NyanNyanKoneko »

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: November 19, 2005, 02:04:05 am
Quote from: NyanNyanKoneko
Running for the position of daijin is a little difficult when you've been kicked off the board.   :P

I'm sorry for the abrupt changes, I totally didn't see this coming.  I'm such a likable person.  :D

But anyways, if you open the debate thread to everyone, that would work pretty well too.  Just make a rule that you can't mention or imply any other canidates or their previous statements.  That makes sure no one will start using the debate to start attacking other opponents' possitions.   ;D

That would be good for the voters too, so they can see how every canidate responds to a question.  It makes their positions easy to compare.   :)

Or you can erase the thread or change the thread into something else.   :D  That always works!

If anyone asks, let them know I gave it my best, but there was a sizable group of people who asked me not to post here anymore, so I decided leave without being forcefuly banned.  Also if you have any more questions or need some info or something, just let me know by PM.  Even though I won't post on the board, I'll check my PM box for the next few days. ;D

Nyan, nobody is forcing you to leave the forum, let alone being banned. And the drama that you keep mentioning appears to be centered around your actions, so please stop with the dramatic behavior.

I'm sorry that the debate will have to be indefinately postponed.
I am irritated that you are wasting other people's time like this. If you're not going to take the campaign seriously, then you probably should drop out of the running. However that's up to everyone else to decide, at election time.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #28 on: November 19, 2005, 03:01:58 am
Just to throw this stat out there Nyan 90% of all poets have mental disorders...
Don't laugh because 68% of musicians do too. Also all fiction writers, theatrical actors and visual artists have a mental disorder rate of between 73 and 77%.

Just wondering:
Why isn’t there mouse flavored cat food?
What does Geronimo say as he jumps out an airplane?
Is it good if a vacuum really sucks?
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: November 19, 2005, 03:57:24 am
Just to throw this stat out there Nyan 90% of all poets have mental disorders...
Don't laugh because 68% of musicians do too. Also all fiction writers, theatrical actors and visual artists have a mental disorder rate of between 73 and 77%.

That's what makes their stuff so interesting.  Where did you get those figures?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 04:14:23 am by Darien »