AuthorTopic: [WIP]The blobs  (Read 23255 times)

Offline piotrek255

• take it easy -_-
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP]The blobs

Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 10:06:50 pm
yeah, kirby is the best refference for such blobs:) he's so cute

dragonrc-> where did you get that sprite animation? it's awesome
my way of the pixel? -> minimum effort, maximum quality 0_0

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 10:17:08 pm
still no matter what i do with pink i cant get the right thing :mean:

Offline Krut

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 11:14:05 pm
You have been given examples, and guidelines to acomplish...if you dont post progress on the sprite we cant help you man.

Dont give up, keep at it.

-Krut

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 12:08:20 am
it seems like everytime i boost up the contrast it gets uglier  :-[ so i just mess with the same colors and it looks almost the same  :ouch:

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 12:19:17 am
chig, there isn't much I can say that hasn't been said, but I think being another one to advise you that not only should you, you need to increase the contrast on your sprite, even if I just copy your sprite over into photoshop, and slide the contrast up, its an improvement:

that still looks pretty bad, but its a step up.
You need to read over all the advice people have given you and take a serious swing with it all in mind.
the feedback you receive here is usually a lot more suggestive than this post of mine, but so many people have offered you great advice and edits, and you seem to be paying them no attention
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 12:29:38 am
i have read those but i just cant make my contrast go much higher with it looking like a good pink blob :yell:
i dont really want it to be a different color becuase there would be no point of pink blobs if they werent pink :)

oh well i guess i could keep going little by little gives me something to do

Offline LoTekK

• View Profile
    • LoTekK.com

Reply #26 on: June 08, 2007, 12:38:16 am
In addition to what TakaM has said (along with everybody else on this thread), you've got way too many colors in there for what you have. That's 8 different shades, for a sprite that's about 19x19 pixels.

Levels adjustment, knocked out half of the shades (down to 4 now), and adjusted some remaining shades. Haven't bothered touching the hues or saturation. Also haven't bothered adjusting the actual shading. Your selout was also pretty haphazard, with the darkest shade used to outline the side where light was supposedly hitting.

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: June 08, 2007, 12:47:48 am
but seriously.... No offence (i dont think you would take any anyways) but if someone say that sprite in my game they would give it a negative rating  :crazy:

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #28 on: June 08, 2007, 01:03:21 am
I can't work out where this advice doesn't connect for you..

maybe go back and look at that kirby sprite, he's a pink blob, and he looks a lot better than your sprite

edit-
actually, it may be because..:
just about every game in GM uses stick figure, or blob sprites, and I've long since gotten sick of them, hell, even though kirby has some fantastic sprites, I'm sick of him.

with your blob sprite, we don't have much to work with, its a pretty bland design, boring colours, simple animation.
and every edit we have offered (save for krut's fantastic edit) hasn't been noticeably different
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 01:08:17 am by .TakaM »
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline LoTekK

• View Profile
    • LoTekK.com

Reply #29 on: June 08, 2007, 01:10:25 am

I took the liberty of reducing your 8 colors to 4. I managed to reduce the contrast without altering any of the colors, and still make it visible against your pink background thanks to the darker outline.

But seriously. Try and understand what people are posting, instead of dismissing it because you feel like it. You were, after all, the one who asked for critique:

C&C great so i can make my game look good