AuthorTopic: My first pixelarts..  (Read 2657 times)

Offline RetroInsight

• View Profile

My first pixelarts..

on: January 01, 2018, 05:41:03 pm
hi guys im new on the forum, and new on pixelart, focused on gamedev graphic use ^^
id like to ask feedback about some of my recent works.. for better know i can improve my aknowledgement and skill  :lol:

« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 07:51:39 am by RetroInsight »

Offline DTE462

• View Profile

Re: My first pixelarts..

Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 01:16:48 am
For the boxer it seems like there is an extra white pixel in one of the frames near their face. And it's moving too fast to know exactly but it might be worthwhile keeping all the space between his legs black. When his legs come back together it  seems more like the pixels are flashing rather than conveying what his legs are doing. Otherwise I like how much information you have packed in such a small sprite.

Offline RetroInsight

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 03:30:40 pm
For the boxer it seems like there is an extra white pixel in one of the frames near their face. And it's moving too fast to know exactly but it might be worthwhile keeping all the space between his legs black. When his legs come back together it  seems more like the pixels are flashing rather than conveying what his legs are doing. Otherwise I like how much information you have packed in such a small sprite.
hi,
thank you for feedback, i think the "extra white pixel" you refer is the mouth of the boxer  ;D

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 04:29:25 pm
I feel like the boxer is a two-frame animation that has received a bit of in-between frames, but I don't see a relationship between what the legs do and what the fist does. It does the job of showing "a punch" if the context of a boxing match is established, but I'm not sure I'd have guessed it without that context. The overall body motion could likely have been clearer and more coherent.

As for the gun-dude, I suggest you remove the flashing background if you expect any critique on it.