AuthorTopic: Introductions and Pixels  (Read 9543 times)

Offline Level 1

• View Profile

Re: Introductions and Pixels

Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 01:30:02 pm
I already mentioned why I am restricted to the low number of frames.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 01:59:50 am
So basically "this is just practice, that is why this is restricted to 4 frames only, after that I want to go for much more complicated and advanced pieces of work"?
No other reason?
If its just this its my opinion that you shouldn't restrict yourself unnecessarily, especially if you're new to animation.

Regarding fighting stance I meant maybe you could raise his hands and dip his head a bit if he's serious about fighting.
Quick edit with closed fist:

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Reply #22 on: April 19, 2014, 10:09:38 pm
you shouldn't restrict yourself unnecessarily

Isn't that what this whole forum is about...   ?

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 04:34:46 am
you shouldn't restrict yourself unnecessarily

Isn't that what this whole forum is about...   ?
Umm...that might be a reason for some people but its a bit of a stretch to say its the whole point of this forum ???

My point is this kind of restriction is a lost opportunity to learn and going to severely limit us being able to help him.
More frames is going to look better and allow more opportunity to learn basic animation skills.
If someone is going for less frames for that specific look then that makes sense but IMO they should be above that level before coming back down.
From what I've read here though and the answers I've had it seems more like he just doesn't want to put in the work at this time.

Offline 1up

• bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 01:48:55 pm
More frames is going to look better and allow more opportunity to learn basic animation skills.
really??

are you sure??

limiting yourself re: framecount forces you to stick to keyframes specifically most of the time, which forces you to understand how to make an animation really 'pop' and have the emphasis that it should. just because something looks smoother with more frames doesn't necessarily mean that it's better

self imposed limitations are a very nice method for learning

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: April 21, 2014, 12:58:26 am
really??

are you sure??

limiting yourself re: framecount forces you to stick to keyframes specifically most of the time, which forces you to understand how to make an animation really 'pop' and have the emphasis that it should. just because something looks smoother with more frames doesn't necessarily mean that it's better

self imposed limitations are a very nice method for learning
Ok I guess I must be wrong  ::)
I'm looking forward to learning from this run cycle that uses a total of 4 frames and still looks good  :y:

Offline Level 1

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: April 21, 2014, 02:06:25 am
Well from the other forum that I am doing this for, many other talented pixel artists have created full character sheets that have almost every animation being made with a restriction of 4 frames, rarely do they use more. I am not saying that more frames is bad or by any means wrong. What I am saying is that I have a goal that I want to stick with. So far I am having lots of problems with the anatomy of the legs and waist, I decided to stick to making a slow, walk cycle first, then move on to a fast paced running animation. I can't actually find a good reference that can teach me how to change from an idle stance, to a sudden walking cycle.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: April 21, 2014, 03:14:18 am
Right, that's some information we could have used earlier.
Perhaps u can post some examples of the other sprite sheets that you like.
If you're having trouble progressing maybe we can learn something from them.

Offline Level 1

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: April 21, 2014, 03:51:00 am
Those sheets are not my work, so I cannot post them here.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: April 21, 2014, 05:47:31 am
Those sheets are not my work, so I cannot post them here.
Where did you get the idea you can't post a relevant link just because you didn't create it?