AuthorTopic: KOS Loin Cloth Ork  (Read 18779 times)

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Re: KOS Loin Cloth Ork

Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 07:12:05 pm
EVERY time i see something c64 related, i automatically have to start some sort of c64 pixel*opens TImanthes*. thanks alot, ptoing.

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 08:48:58 pm
ptoing asked me if i wanted to give it a shot too, it's pretty tricky. i haven't really worked with the pallette before

this is the only somewhat decent one that didn't look too much like one of the existing ones

nice orc indigo. i however do think that what snake pointed out is valid. i have yet to read your explanation why you supposedly made it the way it is, but i think it's weird to make it look 'off' on purpose. are proportions that much of a preference thing?

Offline JWW

• One unbroken chain
    • View Profile
    • IamJakeWW

Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 12:03:48 am
i really like the design of the ork, but the colours seemed a little bland to me.  I made an edit

Offline Morph

• Pixel with Gimp, Program with Python
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 02:47:23 pm
Man.... how long are you all in this pixel art? cause i think you have to practice years before you can do this?

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 08:07:27 pm
Actually, if you're a good traditional artist, you'll pick up pixel art in a month or two... Digital artists, like CG artists tend to pick it up right away...

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 02:24:20 am
 Nice fighter sprite Indigo. Well, I would pick the one by ptoing with the blueish shades. It's hue variation is more capcomish/snes style than the other guys'.

yosh64

Reply #16 on: July 15, 2006, 05:28:10 pm
hey

Wow :D, some amazing artists here. You guys are way outa my league, some nice things to be learnt here :). Hope ya don't mind my little post? anyhows goodluck with the portrait!

edit
Hah, I must admit that I was a bit puzzled earlier after reading that your sprite has a SF3 style, as I always thought SF3 was 3D, but after some googling I found this wasn't so. I guess I got confused with SF EX :\. BTW, looksy what I just found http://www.zweifuss.com/ (been googling for a while now, with this edit sitting here almost done) :).

Anyhows I just wanted to say... that in my dumb opinion, I think your sprites figure looks like SF3 style, but the shading and detailing looks more like KOF style, am I just stupid?

cyas
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 06:34:56 pm by yosh64 »

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #17 on: July 15, 2006, 06:11:26 pm
Ok, I dont know how seriously you meant it when you said it was SF3 style, but I'll try to point out my critiques to your attempt of SF3 simply by comparison, if I see that after seeing this you dont get what I mean, then I will actually tell you how to do it, but in the meantime I'd like to trust your perception =)

Need I say more?

Other than the diference muscle rendering methods I intend to show with these gifs, there's also a completly unique technique used in SF3 to create shadowed areas, best visualized in this Ibuki jumping anim, keep good track of the area around her knees as she goes into her falling pose right before throwing the knife, pay attention to both of what is in display and the way her pallete is built.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 08:14:18 pm by Conceit »

yosh64

Reply #18 on: July 15, 2006, 06:39:01 pm
hey

LOL :D, I just saved my edit and now see Conceit has made a post, who expresses very nicely of my thoughts :). I was taking ages to find sprite rips of SF3, as I wanted to confirm for myself of my thoughts before saving my edit!

cyas
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 06:42:01 pm by yosh64 »

Offline Wayuki

• View Profile
    • Wayuki's Place

Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 07:00:31 pm
I have to say that I much prefer the shading style on Indigo's sprite than the style on the actual SF3 sprites. I think Indigo's is way more detailed and nice to look at. Also, the way the shadow is handled on the Ibuki sprite really weirds me out. The jump in hue between the highlights and shadows is so extreme, it just looks like a two-tone suit to me... so when it starts to move,  it's a really trippy effect.