AuthorTopic: Character mashup  (Read 3409 times)

Offline Tourist

• View Profile

Character mashup

on: February 21, 2010, 11:41:36 pm
There's not much originality in a character mashup, but I need the practice at doing figures. 

C +C welcome.  I don't think I've got the legs correct.  Maybe push the hue shift on the color ramps too?

Tourist

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Re: Character mashup

Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 09:31:57 am
Those solid green eyes need tweaking, they're too .. solid. ish. Something like that. Try throwing in a highlight. Anyways, a good start, but the colors aren't very interesting, and there are some general contrast issues. Your color ramps are completely straight and don't have much reusage/interaction between ramps. Try reusing a dark color in more than one area, for example. Also, feet are disproportionate to the rest of the body. General pose is alright, though

Offline Tourist

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 03:04:54 am
Thanks for the feedback.  I followed your advice and adjusted the eyes and focused on improving the colors.  There's also a few tweaks to the shape here and there. 

The legs and feet are still a bit of a mess, maybe the lower edge of the skirt too.  Should the fold in the skirt rise all the way to the opposite hip?

Tourist

Offline Kælaar

• A life without Creativity is a life wasted.
    • View Profile
    • Kælaars Artstuffz

Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 10:20:31 am
her right arm at the shoulder seems to be very extruded. Is it intentional?
as for the left leg, maybe raise the foot a little? the right hand also kind of looks like an explosion to me, but maybe im just crazy =P
Looks good though.
Keep it up =)