AuthorTopic: Hexquisite Corpse Collab - DONE!  (Read 193874 times)

Offline pgil

• View Profile

Re: Hexquisite Corpse Collab - DONE!

Reply #260 on: June 22, 2009, 06:30:26 pm
Holy shit, this is beautiful! I've made this my desktop wallpaper. I can't find any of my icons, but I don't care  ;D

Offline Peach

• Compile Me!
    • View Profile
    • The Peach Portfolio.

Reply #261 on: June 22, 2009, 07:01:54 pm
GREAT!
I love it
it's a nice trip to look at!

again ! another one !
"It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye". - mom

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #262 on: June 22, 2009, 07:20:49 pm
It's awesome. Good work. My favourite bits are tomic's Ocean Liner, big brother's spaghetti hex, especially the hands and the glass and Mathias' Sphinks has some very smooth handling of the C64 palette.

Offline ui

• Venezuela
    • View Profile
    • http://www.iloveui.com

Reply #263 on: June 22, 2009, 07:33:27 pm
pffffff man this looks AWESOME!!! :DDDDDDDD

the next one just 1 squere/hex for each person plz :DDD so let moar ppl join with a different style.

Tomic, that giraffe is really ROX!!! i love it :DDD
Ilkke, what about that dig/ass head at top! jajajajaj THE KING!!!
Arachne, those guys looks perfect in that specific parT :P
Argyle... WTF??? jajajajajajajajaj that fat mustache guy!! juasjuajajaja
Robotriot and Mirre.... AWESOME PART jajajaa it fix perfect
ptoing... jajaja what's that??? i have like 3 minutes trying to understand what kind of MONSTER is! he looks like he smooking a joint! and the ghost beside is saying... GIVE ME GIVE ME!!!
all that space part an bottom just rules
THX TO ALL FOR PARTICIPE!!!! I JUST LOVE IT!!!!!!
i will print a poster of this!

PTOING, thx for let it us participe :D and for this great idea and collab :D.... I WANT MOARR :ddd

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #264 on: June 22, 2009, 08:29:34 pm
I was thinking of doing the same when I get a chance to refill my cartridges - print out a blown up version of tile sections and lay them out as a wall hanging.

Words cannot describe how well this turned out.  I just love them all.  ilkke's creatures are all just so silly and fun, Mathias has reinvented the obsurd notion of what my mind pictured under his tile masks, Arachne went places with Snoopy's head I never could have dreamed could happen; This would just be a big post if I let it become one but wow.  Deliciously excellent!

Quote from: ui
Argyle... WTF??? jajajajajajajajaj that fat mustache guy!! juasjuajajaja
:P The absolute weirdest part to me is that I claimed that tile specifically because the first thing I saw in the definition of robotriot's rocky edge was the outline of a fat belly, a mangled but extended arm with wrist bent, and a boob.  It all fell together that way in my head oddly enough.

Running out the door to head home for the day but I had to say something.  This was just so much fun and I really learned a lot.  MORE!

Offline robotriot

• Tubby mechanical friend
    • View Profile
    • robotriot

Reply #265 on: June 22, 2009, 08:45:46 pm
:P The absolute weirdest part to me is that I claimed that tile specifically because the first thing I saw in the definition of robotriot's rocky edge was the outline of a fat belly, a mangled but extended arm with wrist bent, and a boob.  It all fell together that way in my head oddly enough.

Haha, this is also one of my favorite parts. Very imaginative :D

Among my other favorites are Arachne's retroish scifi scene, tomic's ship, big brother's spaghetti dish, ilkke's animal in #91 and the monsters in the sports arena by Perciv@l. But really, there are so many great areas and tiles by everyone, your eyes just keep jumping around from point of interest to point of interest.
WELCOME TO BATTLE SQUADRON

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #266 on: June 22, 2009, 09:25:27 pm
It's awesome. Good work. My favourite bits are tomic's Ocean Liner, big brother's spaghetti hex, especially the hands and the glass and Mathias' Sphinks has some very smooth handling of the C64 palette.

I'm honored, JJ. Thanks!

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Reply #267 on: June 22, 2009, 10:13:29 pm
I have to give you more props Mathias, you perhaps created some of my favorite pieces in the collab, your mastery of the palette is astounding. Just look at that skull, that AA is amazing, beautiful work.

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #268 on: June 22, 2009, 10:27:07 pm
I'm throwing together a WIP animation of the grid if that's ok.  I'm just revealing the grid in the order in which it happened from start to finish based on each of the sequential images that you have archived in the image database.  I will probably just be showing the images unmasked without names, nothing flashy.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #269 on: June 22, 2009, 11:17:24 pm
I have to give you more props Mathias, you perhaps created some of my favorite pieces in the collab, your mastery of the palette is astounding. Just look at that skull, that AA is amazing, beautiful work.

Thanks, bro!!

With a new Hex collab on the way, all interested in participating need to go make their voices heard, over at the Hexquisite Corpse Suggestion Thread, so it can be set up in a way everyone can enjoy contributing to the most, within reason of course (can't please everyone).

I'm hoping we at least put a new spin on this, one way or the other.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 01:20:47 am by Mathias »