AuthorTopic: Hexquisite Corpse Collab - DONE!  (Read 193401 times)

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

HOLY SHIT

Reply #270 on: June 23, 2009, 12:30:40 am
OMFG
I'm not one of the people to sit there, continuing to refresh browsers waiting for the image to be unveiled, but even as a latecomer (relatively) I'm god damn amazed!

IT KICKS ASS.  I honestly was not expecting this good of a turnout.  It's like post-modern art but awesome and c64y.  I freaking love it, this is going on my facebook.  Also this is the first time I've been motivated to save anything to my hard drive, challenge wise.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 12:37:21 am by Shrike »

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Re: Hexquisite Corpse Collab - DONE!

Reply #271 on: June 23, 2009, 12:40:45 am
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/argylesock/Hexquisite-WIP-ANIMATION.gif

WIP animation constructed!

Each step is in 2 second steps, and it hangs at the final frame for 20 seconds and loops forevah!

Just pop it into your animation program if you wish to view each frame of the animation at your own pausable pace.  If I were a greater man and didn't have a baby that enjoyed banging on my keyboard when I do stuff with her on my lap I would have considered scripting up a flash applet with mouseovers et cetera but this is more than enough haha.

Hyperlinked to it instead of posting it up so that it wouldn't be halfway through the frame loop by the time people scrolled down to it in the thread.

Offline ilkke

• pix off
    • iLkKke
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/9270.htm
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #272 on: June 23, 2009, 08:50:11 am
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/argylesock/Hexquisite-WIP-ANIMATION.gif

WIP animation constructed!

Each step is in 2 second steps, and it hangs at the final frame for 20 seconds and loops forevah!

Just pop it into your animation program if you wish to view each frame of the animation at your own pausable pace.  If I were a greater man and didn't have a baby that enjoyed banging on my keyboard when I do stuff with her on my lap I would have considered scripting up a flash applet with mouseovers et cetera but this is more than enough haha.

Hyperlinked to it instead of posting it up so that it wouldn't be halfway through the frame loop by the time people scrolled down to it in the thread.

Very nice to view it like that.
However, tile 21 is moved down one pixel :P
i

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #273 on: June 23, 2009, 09:23:47 am
I was skeptic at how well this was going to flow, but wow.

Also, I really like how the bottom-most tile is the girl, and everything seems to be flowing out of her head -- like they're all her ideas and such.

I think this is just going to be another one of those things from Pixelation that end up floating around the internet.

Offline Scribblette

• View Profile
    • Livejournal

Reply #274 on: June 23, 2009, 09:29:51 am
Also, I really like how the bottom-most tile is the girl, and everything seems to be flowing out of her head -- like they're all her ideas and such.

Great way for JJ naas to steal the thunder - I bet he knew what he was doing, too XD

I tease. That's one of my favorites. I love how BB turned her hair into a meal!
Now reading: Animator's Survival Kit, Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain, Fun With A Pencil. No time to pixel!
Pixelated Anatomy|Foliage

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #275 on: June 23, 2009, 09:39:15 am
Thanks all for the comments about the girl. The hair flowing out of the hex wasn't what I initially started working on, I did her on a profile at first but figured after a while that it sort of just had to be that way.

The advantages of being the first to grab a hex. ;)

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #276 on: June 23, 2009, 01:56:35 pm
HOLY BALLS! :o  That's more than awesome!  Congratulations!

Pity I missed this one. . . :(
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #277 on: June 24, 2009, 09:09:58 am
=D ptoing is a fuckin genius...hexagons are an excellent shape for an exquisite corpse  ;D

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Reply #278 on: June 24, 2009, 03:08:15 pm
awesomly awesome.
took me 30 minutes to stop looking at it and restart working again (we've got a deadline here today!)

sorry to philliptr for the bad transition with the blocks btw.

Didn't give you much to blend with and your tile turned out awesome, so no hard feelings here ;)

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #279 on: June 24, 2009, 11:13:42 pm
as an innocent bystander I'd like to say I think the transition fits rather well with the blockyness..... :D

This is a very beautiful thing, I really like how by just giving everyone their space and letting them mesh with everybody else everything turned out soooo pretty. Like a little anarchic miracle or something =) it's really beautiful and I HAVE to be in the next one  :o

The fact I just watched Synecdoche new york probably fuels my optimism here...but I really belive what I just said =)

I wonder if we could make one of these to tell a story...?