AuthorTopic: Grass tile[WIP]  (Read 6586 times)

Offline PASSOUT

• The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation
    • View Profile

Re: Grass tile[WIP]

Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 09:15:09 pm
Wait what? I did... ???

The only thing I didn't do was edit the mass of leaves, It's still a wip there still is improvements that can and will be made.I wantd to just post the pine because it falls in the category of trees and I didnt want to make a diffrent topic.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 09:19:22 pm by PASSOUT »
"Well, if you're still reading this, then stop. Go practice! Do a drawing. Just make shit, you know, something that is exclusively a product of you. "

Offline Bissle

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 09:33:35 pm
The pine tree has the same thing wrong with it as the first one--the leaves are too symmetrical.  They're good looking, nicely-colored trees, but the symmetry makes them look... well, unnatural.

Since the original topic was the grass tile; from what I can tell the new tile is an improvement. And the cube guy is cute, too.  :D

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 01:50:00 am
yeah, simetry is cleary what is killing the trees here. but adding the small brances you did kill part of the problem, but the treetop still needs to be broken to asimetrical shape.
the pine as Bissle said, has the same exact problem. its nature, its no suposed to be simetrical. its suposed to be a bit more unexpected.

you also might want to shade the sides a bit darker and had a bit of a highlight down the pinetree to give it a round shape. right now it looks flat, like a cut out, because you have the same lighting values on the whole area

Kaz
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!