AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 281143 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #720 on: June 17, 2008, 09:39:58 pm
Cars are female? I would say that most cars have no feminie qualities at all.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #721 on: June 17, 2008, 09:49:03 pm
everything possessed or wielded is female thanks to our wonderful chauvinistic ancestors.  from boats to bikes to swords to nations.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #722 on: June 17, 2008, 10:04:14 pm
I'm back. I'm sure you all missed me terribly much.
I just moved, and didn't have internet for 2 weeks. Today I found out I could tap it from the neighbours
:D

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #723 on: June 17, 2008, 11:08:23 pm
vag

I'm sorry for the sideways point but that's a pretty awful way to speak about a vagina.

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #724 on: June 17, 2008, 11:10:32 pm
I was unaware that was offensive.  - fixed -

continuing the side-note:
don't mind my ignorance to such things.  to me words are words.  having two words referring to the same thing, yet holding different offensiveness behind them sounds silly to me...unless there was some derogatory slur behind it I guess, but I don't see how you can talk about a bodily part in a derogatory way.

I do respect those who get offended by such words, however.  Its the reason I refrain from swearing - not for myself, but for others.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 11:23:42 pm by Indigo »

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #725 on: June 17, 2008, 11:28:43 pm
oh, and my major is words n shit, if anybody cared to know.

yess....a fellow liberal arts student....

what about words specifically though?  fiction? non fiction?  literature?  journalism?  poetry?  linguistics?

well, "english language and literature" is the major's name, but I hope to be as inclusive as possible--it all interests me, except the journalism of course.  If you really want to know the truth, I was an Advertising student last year, but I dropped out.  Conflicting morals mostly.  It was getting to the point where we were actually being taught how to lie.  It was that, and the whole, "wow, I'm paying for this shit" thing, too.  So now I'm switching schools and everything, blah blah blah...it's been a wasted fucking year... 

can always tell you're an arts student....specifically what? ^_^
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #726 on: June 18, 2008, 12:34:59 am
Well hopefully you got some gen-ed credits and a little bit of jading "applicable information regarding sales and publication" - i have some lit major friends that think the world will love them just for twisting shakespeare.

Majors :

Fine Arts - Painting
Arts - Writing (Non-Fiction)

Intended Minors (start in spring):

Fine Arts - Printmaking
Arts - Ecucation
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 12:37:19 am by ndchristie »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #727 on: June 18, 2008, 12:40:04 am
*drunken post alert!*

a needle and a thread, man, a needle and a thread. . . :) I think it's all about a frame of metal and carbon fiber wires that actually can withstand a blow and achieve good results in crash-tests.

I'm studying English philology (everything concerning the language and its usage); this time taking the American English profile.

yes, it does look quite like a vulva. . . ;p but oh well. . . I see nothing wrong with that, it's as nice as those blinking headlights, innit? ;p
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 08:52:07 am by Skurwy »
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #728 on: June 18, 2008, 02:39:25 am
I was unaware that was offensive.  - fixed -

continuing the side-note:
don't mind my ignorance to such things.  to me words are words.  having two words referring to the same thing, yet holding different offensiveness behind them sounds silly to me...unless there was some derogatory slur behind it I guess, but I don't see how you can talk about a bodily part in a derogatory way.

I do respect those who get offended by such words, however.  Its the reason I refrain from swearing - not for myself, but for others.

I didn't mean you to edit anything. You can go ahead and swear when you think swearing is called for as far as I'm concerned. I can take it!

I am no native speaker but 'vag' for vagina sounds something a douchebag would say, really. That's all, it's more out of character for you than something that DEEPLY OFFENDS ME.

Also, HALP!

I am now using Firefox 3. I use Imagezoom for all my zooming needs on this board and everywhere else. In FF2 I had nice, crisp, un-resampled zooming so when I zoomed in I could see the clear crisp pixels. Now in Firefox, both native zooming (ctrl+) and ImageZooming makes everything resampled when upscaled, which is HORRID for pixel art. I can't do critique like this! Please help helm help you! Some coding wizard tell me what do I disable in about:config in Firefox to get back my nice crisp pixels?!

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #729 on: June 18, 2008, 02:55:57 am
Meh, I've started using Firefox 3 Beta 4, and I was very pleased, but now I found out that they've implemented smooth image resizing :( I've tried googling for a way to turn it off but I can't find any way of doing so. It's pretty strange how you always get the same reaction when wanting to turn it off, "Why would you want that?". Well gee, why would I want to blur out something that's already lossless...

Anyone else here using FF3? And do you know if it's possible to turn it off?

:(