AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2  (Read 816776 times)

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2

Reply #660 on: August 03, 2008, 12:41:18 pm
Awesome!
I forgot about those little VMU guys... that was the most bizarre console idea ever, I think it might even beat out the power glove. Having a console with memory cards that are actually miniature consoles is kind of like those teddy bears that are wearing a teddy bear suit over their bodies... or like having a baby shaped wallet.  :huh:

Anyway the demo is very cool, it makes me almost want to make a VMU game!
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #661 on: August 04, 2008, 03:47:08 pm
So I haven't done pixel art in a LONG time, but I haven't stopped doing art. For a class called "Media," we made groups and directed videos. There were three videos: The 8 shot, which was more of a tutorial than anything else, where we had to make a video in 8 shots with each shot being 8 seconds or less; the PSA, which is self-explanatory; and the final project, which really doesn't have many restrictions. I was in a group with my best friend, who is going to college to be a film major. I didn't upload our 8-shot, mostly because it didn't turn out that well (although it was a small eastern-European riding a tandem bike with the fattest kid we know.) The other two, however, turned out really well.

The Elderly - This is our Public Service Announcement. To be honest, the idea of having our friend's little brother dance with old people started as a joke, but I think that the fact that it is so humorous is what makes it so effective. And that lady in the video is my grandma, although she's wearing a wig because she didn't look old enough.

Over Spilled Milk - This is our final project for the class. You should watch it in high quality, because we filmed it on a really nice camera. I guess the idea for this video was "let's start with a crazy shot, and then the whole video is a series of events leading up to that event." That's somewhat glib, but that's what it became. The teacher for the class was really worried about projects not getting done, because the class had earned the reputation of being an "easy A" or a class where you get a camera and you get to film your asshole friends imitating "jackass." In reality, it wasn't that, but I digress. The teacher put the deadline for the final project's script/storyboard less than a week after the project was assigned.

The music in this one was made by my friend Charlie. He has a myspace of his music, which is really schweet. He's the pirate in the video. I'm the one who spits the tootsie roll at him. EDIT: can't find his myspace, but whatever...

And for you Dr. Who/Torchwood fans, yes, my friend is John Barrowman's nephew.

Sorry for the long post, but I don't think I rambled that much.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 03:06:00 pm by Evan »

Offline willfaulds

• View Profile

Reply #662 on: August 05, 2008, 01:22:58 pm
I haven't posted any work on the forum in ages... unfortunately i haven't got any pixel i'm allowed to show but was clearing out a draw of old work and found and an unusual commission, quite different from the stuff i normally do, and thought it'd be interesting to see what people made of it here. crits would be awesome. if anyone's interested i think there is a textured version around somewhere...

&

It is the first chapter illustration/introduction illustration from a modern-fantasy novel. lots similarities to harry potter. based on Manx mythology - similar to Norse/Celtic where the style came from.

Anyway let me know what you think. There were 28 ish in total though i'm not sure how many i still have originals for...

EDIT: Added a promo image & cut down the file sizes.

DOUBLE EDIT: I'd like to make it clear I had anything to do with the website or front cover.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 06:17:31 pm by willfaulds »

Offline Lackey

• remember to drink cure potions
    • View Profile

Reply #663 on: August 08, 2008, 09:35:03 pm
That's really quite nice.  Strong design.

And Ben, that mockup is pretty lovable.  I think you should continue the outlines on the dude's arms though, for consistency (and so they don't disappear against the ground).

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #664 on: August 10, 2008, 04:40:52 pm
Helm Muppet!!

There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #665 on: August 10, 2008, 04:46:16 pm
I love it!  :)

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #666 on: August 13, 2008, 05:59:59 am
muppet helm is pretty much the best thing i've ever seen in my whole life

so for august I basically have taken the month off to work on personal projects.  Here are a couple of them!

http://www.semisecretsoftware.com/wurdle

http://adamatomic.com/mini-wall/

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #667 on: August 13, 2008, 08:11:01 am
I want to use your mini-wall :'(

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #668 on: August 13, 2008, 01:43:31 pm
yeah thats wicked man, i wish i was allowed to put practise holds up on my walls  :'(  ........ i'll just have to wait til i have my own house.

Offline Willows

• View Profile

Reply #669 on: August 13, 2008, 06:17:50 pm
Pff, Adam! So hard on yourself!

Coulda done much worse, 'specially if you neglected to screw your mini-wall's ledge into any sort of stud on the wall :D