AuthorTopic: Game Idea - Bboying (Breakdancing)  (Read 9445 times)

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Re: Game Idea - Bboying (Breakdancing)

Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 08:38:51 am
Whatup guys. I did some bit of update. Added a new character and added some more power moves. New bg. Here's the update.

Hehe I turned Wiggles into a powerhead in this battle.

Bboy Red does his footwork after the toprock.

Bboy Red finishes off with a Head Hollow, but only got him a bit better than Wiggles. Time ran out and Wiggle won.

Offline Lmnop

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 09:09:31 am
like the concept, but you seem to just be adding more stuff not listening to peoples critiques and repeating mistakes they have pointed out. the last 3 screens especially, inconsistency in bboy red's legs as in the top they are not outlined, doing footwork theres a black outline and the legs seem like twice as fat and arms twice as long. Same with wiggles' head spin, his legs seem nearly twice as long.

from a bboying point of view id say make the head hollow leaning over more, cause right now just looks like a headstand.

My suggestion would be to revise the original sprites using people in this threads critiques, before continuing on new characters etc.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 04:34:02 am
Thanks everyone. My crew kinda cancelled the project awhile ago. Bboy.org had a lot of artists there who do stuff in computer related. CGing, programming, Graffiti CG, etc. Probably because we didn't have enough programmers. This stuff was more of a WIP stuff or just a sketch work. I'm thinking of making the game in iso view in the future so the player can see what the character is doing easier. Like doing a six step, toprock, airflare, mills, etc.

This guy's just bustin a toprock before he does his routines. It's what all bboys do before they get into their dirty stuff. I had reupdated the sprites bigger that time so it fits more of a fighting game feel. 

Offline Rargh!

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 09:34:43 am

Pretty sure that you'd know, but Sony just laid down two B-boy games (one for the PS2, one for the PSP). It's a tough concept to make work, because it's so rhythm-based (and yet, supposedly "freestyle"). That said, I much prefer your old-school look to what Sony did with its game. This last edit is a marked improvement in style to your earlier posts. Keep going. Even if you don't make the game, creating the sprites and characters could be a lot of fun.

:)

Offline dtek

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 03:39:23 pm
Hi, so what happens in the game, I have to admit I haven't played a dancing game yet, (mind you some fighting games have good coreography!). So when you're up, do you press buttons on beat to do a whole move or what. I mean some moves might take a few beats to do?
As for the images, in my opinion, I prefer the original look closer to 8bit, but the newer one could end up like Final Fight or something, that'd be cool
 :y: