AuthorTopic: (Draco9898's dump) WIP  (Read 6341 times)

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Re: (Draco9898's dump) WIP

Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 02:25:49 pm
thats very good, granted it's way brighter then I'd ever wanted and looks a tad harsh. My light source is the the upper right hand corner. The ramps on the side near the windsheild are orange lights and nothing that would stick out, but you've given me ideas about the AA, and form, thanks.

I'd like shadows, more shadows to add contrast. I guess I'll strip down to nothing again, or just start from scratch. I'm not really sure what I'd like to do with it anymore. I want it to look metallic, yet, be easily readable.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 02:31:46 pm by Draco9898 »

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Re: (Draco9898's dump) WIP

Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 03:58:17 am
stripping it down again and re-shading probably wont be very useful unless you get what I'm trying to say:

In the diagram you have two light sources. The bottom one which is indicated with the blue arrows and is fine (hence the ticks).
Then the top right corner one, this is not so good. The light is effective towards the front of the ship however the same angle of light should be applying to the back as well. The way the light is indicating now is that it is very close and not as bright as a natural light source like the sun would be, hence it is only covering the front part of the ship. the arrow with the X next to it is indicating that the light is wrong if you are wanting a natural sun lit piece. The arrow with the '?' next to it is also wrong given that the top part is not casting shadow on it (so depending on its depth). If it is further out then the top "fin" then it should have light covering the entire top as should the top fin.

Which is pretty much how you get to my edit:

You don't need to keep bashing the piece to its line work every time try and get it right with the shading you have!
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.