AuthorTopic: Sabrina fighter sprite  (Read 3730 times)

Offline Oceans Dream

• Sabrina!
    • View Profile

Sabrina fighter sprite

on: May 27, 2007, 01:44:08 pm
Well, it was going to be for the Pixeljoint fighter sprite competition, but I ended up playing FlyFF instead of working on it. Any comments, critiques, feedbacks, edits welcome.

As for what she has on her hands, her right hand (Our left) has a pearl bracelet with a flower on it, and her left hand (Our right) is carrying a flint rock with a small wing attached to it. That's her weapon and armor (Basically, the rock is the weapon, the bracelet is the armor, and the flower and the wing are add-ons to give special properties to them).

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: Sabrina fighter sprite

Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 01:52:29 pm
She's a bit off balance, you should bring the feet to the left, she would topple over right now. The small bits on the hands are pretty unreadable. Even with the added explanation I can not find the details you are talking about. The breasts feel like they're floating in the air, you should bring them down and remove some of the shadow underneath. Look up how cloth acts under breasts, it usually falls pretty loose and certainly doesn't hug the body like this. You might want to look the the calves of her legs too, they're very undefined.

And whatever your favourite RPG tells you, bracelets will never be valid armor  ;)

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 06:48:45 pm
Is this supposed to be a typical fighter sprite for a standard 2d beat 'em up?
If so I would take a look at such sprites and copy the perspective since this wouldn't fit in such a game.
Why do you use 3 shades for the skin in her face and only 2 of these for the rest?
Anatomy-wise I would say her breasts float in the air in a strange way. Even if they are not natural I dont beleive they would float like this, so imho they should either be smaller or be hanging 2-3 pixels further down

Offline Oceans Dream

• Sabrina!
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 02:43:12 am
Alright, those comments are useful. I've got around to fixing some stuff, so I'll post what I have now.

I think the size of the objects (Bracelet, Flint knife, Wing) are too small, so they were probably too hard to tell what they are. I'll make them bigger so I could add more detail to them. I didn't add the Wing to this one yet, and I'm still trying to decide how to texture the knife. I'll get to it soon.

As for the calves and boobs, I've worked on it a bit, as what you said makes sense.

As for it being a typical fighter sprite, not really. It wasn't going to face side view in this one, if I had the time I would have her animate from this position to side view. For the skin, I didn't put the 3rd shade in, I didn't get to there yet, I wanted some feedback on what I have done so far (Mostly anatomy and stuff) before I went off and did that. I still haven't gotten around to finishing that, though I will soon.

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 09:43:15 am

Edited:
breasts, legs, her right arm, face (smaller, 1px higher), and some smaller things.
Still needs a lot of work and I didn't change the balance problem. imho what needs most work now are the eyes, hands and shoes.

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 04:17:11 am
She probably wasn't meant to be a typical anime girl so I'm sorry if I went overboard with the further edit. Just focus on the legs and see if this helps with the balance.

Hopes this helps  :)