AuthorTopic: Self Portrait, attempt number 2 (it actually looks like me!), AA help needed  (Read 6154 times)

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile
Well, I have been wokring on this for maybe, 2 hours? and I have done quite a bit. The only thing left to do, is mess with the pallete some more (lesss saturated, I'm thinking) do the hair, and figure out how AA. Quite frankly, I do not understand AA at all, but I really want to impliment it into this peice. I have looked at tutorials, but they make no sense to me  :'(.

I am thinking when I fix the pallete, I'll cut down on the dithering :-[ Anyways, C?C, and advise on AA is greatly appreciated.

Update 1-

AA help needed desperitly.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 01:51:46 pm by Malor »
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline RhysD

• View Profile
    • RhysD.com

Re: Self Portrait, attempt number 2 (it actually looks like me!)

Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 03:59:11 am
Not enough contrast imo

Offline and2

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 07:43:50 am
havnt posted here for a while,
Down to crits, In my opinion way too much dithering, it almost makes ur skin look rough.
And the eyes also look a tad too close together.
Keep it up tho.  ;D :)
Im also likeing the position of the head in this. looks very natural.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 07:54:52 am by and2 »

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 08:44:31 am
Down to crits, In my opinion way too much dithering, it almost makes ur skin look rough.

Agreed. It's comes across as really.. puffy, and not that smooth.

Offline Malor

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 12:52:12 pm

Agreed. It's comes across as really.. puffy, and not that smooth.

thanks for the comments guys! yeah, I am reducing the dithering like mad for my next update, I realized it was messing with the peice :-[
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Malor

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 01:50:25 pm

Update..the hair's shape annoy's me..I don't think it's right :-\, anyways, I added 2 skin tones, and removed basically all of the dithering. Now, I seriously need help on AA.

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page
Hmm.. the ear looks a bit misplaced and small, and there's indeed something funny about the hair. If you shaved all the hair away, the skull underneath would seem quite large. My suggestion: establish the shape and general shading of the skull first, then add hair.

Offline philipptr

• View Profile
Made a little edit:

(Original - edit)
Changed the colors a bit (changed the skin tones and optimized colors from 21 to 17).
Also tried to eleminate random pixels, which I think are making your pictures look pretty jaggy.
Moved the lightsource a bit more to our right.
Changed mostly details, didnt do anything on the hair, and yes my edit sucks at some places but well maybe it helps a bit ;)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

It still looks absolutely nothing like you. Every facial feature needs to be reworked for likeness, starting with face shape.

Offline InvaderLupus

• View Profile
your work seems really messy and unrefined. You should take some time to clean up your lines instead of just drawing with the pencil tool.