AuthorTopic: Capitol Bulding  (Read 9451 times)

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Re: Capitol Bulding

Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 12:57:28 pm
I should of looked at the architecture more.
The lamps should have a white spot in the middle and on the edges to give it more of a glow effect.
The grass could be more of a simple continous colour but now it looks like one part is weedish. ( No Offense).

About lamp you right, its test variant and that i will be fix, necessarily. Need paint another lamp, nevertheless that a bulding of goverment. ))
For grass - maybe remove chess order and added more piece with similar tiles. Make that more not uniform. But, if i understand you correctly, use one color for the tile grass is not right think, because grass have some texture and one color do it tiresome.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 04:02:17 pm
defintley remove the chess board effect, personally i'd say that whole area looks a little cluttered.  I think the lamps need a total revamp.  the building isself is beautiful though :D

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 04:34:01 pm
defintley remove the chess board effect, personally i'd say that whole area looks a little cluttered.  I think the lamps need a total revamp.  the building isself is beautiful though :D

Thanks  :). A little cluttered? It's because a on scene small objects or ...?
This house positioned on brink map of square, and before has some water basin and alley. But maybe you right and around this house it is not enough elements, fence, staircase in alley, statues and other... This need a consider.

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 12:46:51 am
Lol, you're saying im racist?  I said nothing about his race.  I simply commented on his spelling and use of words asking where he/she is from...honestly, I don't see how in any possible way that is rude.
terribly sorry everyone for asking where hes from...

about the art itself:
assuming the light lamps are only temp the rest looks pretty nice.  I'd think the bottom walls would have a bit more shadow on top (because of the walls above)

also, heres a quick edit, hopefully it'll help you with your lightsource (which currently, doesnt make any sense to me)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: January 13, 2007, 02:24:01 am
You didn't just ask where he was from, you said that his post was "fishy" because of his "foreign" language. That might not be racist exactly, but you judged him by his language.

Anyways, great art. It really does look sharp and detailed, especially with how big it is, you don't see that much in ISO, sadly. I really like how much you were able to do with just a few chunks of tile.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: January 13, 2007, 02:34:27 am
It was racist in that he arrived at the conclusion that mangust didn't make this based on the fact that his langauge made him sound foreign.
There's no other way of looking at it.

Anyway, I think these tiles are very good, but I would like to see parts cleaned up with AA, and the checker board removed from the grass. Also, I think the lamp looks really out of place; very front on, and poorly detailed.

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: January 13, 2007, 06:18:11 am
I didnt say it was fishy because his language.

actually, nevermind, id rather not get banned from this forum for absolutely no reason.

Offline mangust

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 12:01:14 pm
To all people.... I think talk about language must be closed, because is does not matter. And there discuss about art, but not philological faculty.
I'm very glad if you like this art and thanks very much to all your comments!!!
I think Joseph is not racist, nevertheless.  ;D

about the art itself:
assuming the light lamps are only temp the rest looks pretty nice.  I'd think the bottom walls would have a bit more shadow on top (because of the walls above)
also, heres a quick edit, hopefully it'll help you with your lightsource (which currently, doesn't make any sense to me)

For this edit. It's may be right, but for the tiles must be mirror flip on horizontal with Java's means. Because i may not paint another flip (use one tile house in two direction) it's decrease size of graphics for this world on half, almost. For on-line world, which his client upload from site, this means is very good. And this part of image include flip tiles, therefore have two lights,  it's not right in realistic art, but for this i must ignore this  :(
As a result the world haven't one source of light. It's ruefully, because he haven't shadow of object, only in itself tiles. But over this i may paint house and object with personal light and dispose his in the best view. Of course source of light can't differ vastly.
Now i think about this trouble light for this house.
If choose the optimal light (right img), i.e. flip not distort light - i lose intresting shadow from column on left img. Its crossroad.... ))

(Crits are welcome)

About AA... Yes, that's on building a not enough. I must work on this... But i don't have many time, unfortunately ((
And thanks for your edit, Joseph!

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 01:40:29 pm
too bad about the lighting...
this new piece is awesome.  it looks like the right side of the railing is over 1-2 pixels too far.  and then the bottom floor and basement windows arent aligned directly with the columns, looks like the far right column (the corner piece) is closer to the middle than the left.  good luck.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 07:20:29 pm
I think it's the middle column that's out of line rather than the windows.