AuthorTopic: Favorite Color  (Read 26830 times)

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Re: Favorite Color

Reply #50 on: January 03, 2007, 03:54:53 pm
I like green a lot as well, but I have to say that I like most colours and I am a firm believer to the notion that there are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

how would be able to tell.  You can never view a color without looking at the colors around, whether it be on a computer program or in real life.  unless you had an entire room painted souly in that color you wouldnt be able to tell.

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #51 on: January 03, 2007, 05:48:16 pm
That's not true, there are plenty of ways to view one colour at a time- you just need to think harder.

Perhaps coloured paper or going into paint and filling the entire window a certain colour might work?

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #52 on: January 03, 2007, 05:54:01 pm
That's not true, there are plenty of ways to view one colour at a time- you just need to think harder.

Perhaps coloured paper or going into paint and filling the entire window a certain colour might work?

you'd still have the color of your monitor, the paint program colors, the colors reflcting around your room.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #53 on: January 03, 2007, 06:08:04 pm
I think you guys are taking this way too seriously...
my back hurts...

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #54 on: January 03, 2007, 09:24:08 pm
oh come on...look at where you are BOB...it's an art board, one which is focused on very economic and carefull color usage, what did you expect? :p

on an unrelated note...I hear before that Vincent Van Gogh had a color theory that said that every single color you saw was new, because every color you ever saw has affected you so you cant see the exact same color twice. I used to think that was exagerated but after a trip in which I saw the sea for the first time...I came back to my house and it does look very diferent, it looks a lot warmer...everything looks warmer. go figure.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 06:57:18 am by Conceit »

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #55 on: January 03, 2007, 09:55:41 pm
What about extremely tinted glasses?
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #56 on: January 04, 2007, 06:59:33 am
or....just the right kind of lightbulb.

many of us must have gone to a dark room, I atleast know what it's like to be submerged in red.

it kinda defeats the purpose XD you start seeing as if red were white :p it is really amazing how good our brain is at color balancing.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #57 on: January 04, 2007, 05:47:02 pm
Red. Red robot on fire.

Offline Schu

• The front is a lemon avenue flying straightly
    • View Profile
    • Eyegore-net

Reply #58 on: January 04, 2007, 05:56:32 pm
Green.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #59 on: January 05, 2007, 01:16:51 am
how would be able to tell.  You can never view a color without looking at the colors around, whether it be on a computer program or in real life.  unless you had an entire room painted souly in that color you wouldnt be able to tell.

Easy fix, all you have to do is get the other colours out of your field of vision. eye-balls-to-monitor style.