AuthorTopic: Merry thing *Update: 12/13/06, finished*  (Read 3345 times)

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Merry thing *Update: 12/13/06, finished*

on: December 08, 2006, 05:17:12 pm

It's a merry wintry christmassy thing. Also, it's the first bit of pixel art I've done in... a while :P

Possible problems:
Colours blending together (the dark green and the purple, etc.?)
AA'd moon? (nothing else is aa'd, basically. Looks out of place?)

Crits on anything that comes to mind would be nice... I'd like to get it all polished up and what-not.

Edit: I think, unless anyone has anymore big crits, I'm gonna call it done. Thanks to all who replied. :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 04:06:43 am by Tremulant »

Offline Akzidenz

• Grotesk Bold
    • View Profile

Re: Merry thing

Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 06:16:43 pm
I don't think those are problems. The dark green and purple do look similar, but it doesn't make you lose the form of the elf - it's still really clear. And AA'ing the moon is fine.. nothing else is circular, the AA'ing makes sense.

If I lose anything, I lose the two presents in the back - making them a shade brighter/darker would probably help.
que faire quand on a tout fait, tout lu, tout bu, tout mangé
tout donné en vrac et en détail
quand on a crié sur tous les toîts pleuré et ris dans les villes et en campagne

Offline Sampe

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 07:07:10 pm
This is looking good. :) I do have a few crits, however. The first is a tiny little green pixel on the right present. I'd also add more contrast, and make the eyes stand out more. I hope you don't mind this little edit of mine(pretty crappy, but I think it tells my point). :)

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 09:27:29 pm
Thanks for the crits guys.

Akzidenz: I took your advice on the presents, as they did seem too dark, and blended in too much with the darker bits in the background. I wonder now, though, if they don't blend in too much with the lighter parts... Meh. Opinions?

Sampe: I see where you're going with that, but I feel that upping the contrast give it a bit too much of a plastic-ish feel, which isn't really what I was going for. I did, however, fix that green dot. :P

I also tweaked some colours, changed some stuff. I un-AA'd the moon, too, just so people could see what it'd look like. I think I like the AA'd one better myself, but I'm still a bit unsure..

Anyhoo, thanks again guys.  :)

hehe... oops. Forgot to post the update. First post.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 10:37:39 pm by Tremulant »

Offline halu

• wtf :D
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 03:10:25 am
Love the shading on this one Trem, I like the AA'd moon better too.
The red presents could be a LITTLE bit darker, not much at all, but otherwise, it makes me :DD