AuthorTopic: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread  (Read 43460 times)

Offline Brian the Great

• View Profile

Re: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread

Reply #80 on: September 25, 2005, 08:03:28 am
Ness sucked some major butt in SSBM though.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #81 on: September 25, 2005, 04:37:22 pm
Though he was second to none in the first game. Except maybe Link and Kirby. Hey, I heard that the revolution is gonna have SSB as a release game with online capabilities. That's gonna rock so freakin' much.

Offline Brian the Great

• View Profile

Reply #82 on: September 25, 2005, 05:29:09 pm
And with the Revolution controller, it's going to be cooler than penguin. Oh, how tormenting the wait can be...

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #83 on: September 27, 2005, 03:50:40 am
I hate gba games that make you have to link up to other GBA games to get special items. I was playing through Boktai recently and got completely shit on by that GBA connectivity crap. Basically, the hardest dungeon in the game with all the best weapons requires that you collect 7 emblems. The only hint that you get for collecting them is a note that says emblems are gained through 'emblem resonance' with emblem reson.. being differently coloured than normal text to emphasize it. I never got what it meant, so I continued on and after getting fed up with the dungeon never seeming to indicate that I was progressing I tried looking up some tips on getting the emblems. Surprise, surprise, 'emblem resonance' is the game's quirky way of saying "link me up to another GBA, asshole."

Stupid Nintendo. I don't have any goddamn friends to link up to, jerks. Why the fuck do you think I play SINGLE PLAYER video games for?!

BTW, as a tip for anyone looking to play Boktai or any of its sequels, buy it then play the rom. The solar sensor is incredibly awkward to work with and it got on my nerves to play with the sun obscuring the screen. Also, as you need sunlight to play, you are at the mercy of the weather and time when you wish to play. If you can deal with this stuff, though, then go right ahead and play on your GBA. I will fully admit that the boss battles are 10x better on the actual hardware. They're really quite exciting as the game detects various levels of sunlight and this makes boss strength vary quite dramatically. One moment you'll think you have the upperhand, and then the sun will move behind a small cloud for a minute and you'll become significantly overpowered. The boss might even take the opportunity to run so you've have to work frantically to keep it from escaping.

Theres a solar sensor on the DS? Or am I reading that wrong, what other neat little tricks does the DS hold?

- Dog
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #84 on: September 27, 2005, 04:50:44 am
it's for the GBA, though I suspect a DS version is on the way. And the solar sensor is built into the cartridge. Check out this pic to get an idea of what it would look like: http://www.success-hk.com/sc_html/gba/2_GBA%20SP%20Boktai%20Limited.htm
You can see how the cartridge sticks out a bit like an old GB/GBC cart would.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #85 on: September 29, 2005, 12:16:27 am
This thread is dead so i will post my updated evan fanart in it
OLD:

NEW:

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #86 on: September 29, 2005, 01:19:07 am
La la la la la la la la la....
Doe a dear a female dear
Ray a drop of golden sun
Me a name I call myself
Fa a long long way to run
(Last time I saw that movie I was out of commission so I don't think I got them all or in order...)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 09:45:53 am by BrotherInWar »
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Sawtooth

• growin' a beard
    • View Profile

Reply #87 on: September 29, 2005, 05:20:53 am
So basically you are posting to tell us that you have done drugs before?

...congratulations, you're cool now?

And, in other news, Tom DeLay can suck it.
rip ninjalicious

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #88 on: September 29, 2005, 09:40:37 am
Honestly I’m not sure if I have or not... some one gave me these pills that looked like Tylenol.  All I remember from that night was watching that part of the movie then sleeping... lots of sleeping, and according to other people that were there I did a lot more than sleep, they also said this kid didn’t have a tv...  Then I took some Tylenol when I woke up... the real stuff, because my head felt like it sat in the fire all night... and then walked home.
Also I had to say that to not get busted with 5 or 6 posts saying I sung it wrong
I've edited my previous post to be more politically correct.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 09:48:40 am by BrotherInWar »
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #89 on: September 29, 2005, 05:00:43 pm
Hah, wow, that's something new to me.
"Here dude, have some Tylenol."
"Yeeah! Tylenol! Kick-ass. Yum."

yeah.