AuthorTopic: Help! Female character  (Read 2326 times)

Offline SeinRuhe

• @SeinRuhe
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/127850.htm
    • View Profile

Help! Female character

on: March 01, 2017, 04:54:04 am
Hello boys, I'm new in this pixel art thing, anyways, I'm trying to make a female character, at this point I have the 3/4 view and front view in an acceptable point, there's still room to improve so any critique will be highly apreciated.

Also, want to do a back view and a full side view but all my attempts are hideous, so I'm recurring to you guys in the allmighty internet to help me please, if you guys know references that might help me or can sketch something similar for me to see.

The palette doesn't have much contrast but I think it's OK, if someone knows how to make it better I'm open to suggestions.

At least but not last, I'm also trying to improve my english so grammar corrections will be appreciated

Offline rocifier

• View Profile

Re: Help! Female character

Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 08:58:51 am
I think these are all good. Can you post your "hideous" attempts and we can try to help you improve those?

Offline Petrichor

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 01:55:20 am
Agreed - these look good!

One thing I'd like to point out is the (what I believe to be) ear:

There is not much contrast here.  Typically, ears point outwards, away from the head.  As a result a portion of the ear is hit by light.  Here is a visual example from a quick search:

Notice that despite being in the shadow the ear still is partially in the light.  By doing the same thing here you could improve the contrast and help define the ear!

Offline SeinRuhe

• @SeinRuhe
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/127850.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 03:33:07 am
Petrichor, thanks a lot for pointing the ear thing, I will try to correct that asap :D

Still trying to figure how to make the back view for now, if anyone have or know of a good reference let me know!

Offline Dreadnaught

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 05:11:46 am
Still trying to figure how to make the back view for now, if anyone have or know of a good reference let me know!

It seems like you have a pretty good handle on the sprite so far, maybe show us what you have been working on for back view.