AuthorTopic: Animation practice, non-pixelart  (Read 2929 times)

Offline Achrileg

• Achrileg
    • View Profile

Animation practice, non-pixelart

on: January 13, 2017, 08:31:17 pm

Usually do stuff like this when tired of pixel-art or to just warm up.

What I want to know, as criticism - how easy/ hard is it to understand whats happening? I think I have a tendency of animating things that are hard to understand and have no flow. Seems fine to me, but that doesn't mean much.

Offline 0xDB

• Dennis inter-is.
    • dennisbusch_de
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/1287.htm
    • 0xdb
    • View Profile
    • 0xDB

Re: Animation practice, non-pixelart

Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 08:36:37 pm
whats happening?
I see a person getting off the floor running up towards another. The other picks up the runner and throws him away into the distance. The part I don't understand is the hand before we see the person pushing itself up from the floor. I can not tell whose hand that is supposed to be.

Offline Achrileg

• Achrileg
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 09:12:34 pm
I see a person getting off the floor running up towards another. The other picks up the runner and throws him away into the distance. The part I don't understand is the hand before we see the person pushing itself up from the floor. I can not tell whose hand that is supposed to be.

Thanks, I got the problem, too quick on the transition - it's jarring. It's  the runners hand, slapped on the ground, camera pans and rotates, then he pushes himself up and runs. It's supposed to be looping.

Offline Runensucher

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 10:59:15 pm
I think it really reads good, except for the hand-part that 0xdb already mentioned.

There is another thing that bothers me:
The "runner" grabs the knee of the "stayer", but he easily throw him away. My mind can't accept that.

Offline Achrileg

• Achrileg
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 11:33:22 pm
I think it really reads good, except for the hand-part that 0xdb already mentioned.

There is another thing that bothers me:
The "runner" grabs the knee of the "stayer", but he easily throw him away. My mind can't accept that.

Thanks. I see what you mean, though, doesn't make a lot of sense! I guess I didn't put that much thought into it, just animated what felt right, but still... =p

Offline wolfenoctis

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 08:11:42 am
You are breaking the 180 degree rule, this majorly affects the readability, a simple edit to illustrate:

Offline Achrileg

• Achrileg
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 12:59:09 pm
You are breaking the 180 degree rule, this majorly affects the readability, a simple edit to illustrate:

Gotcha, thanks! Although I've heard of the rule, I don't consciously think about theory of choreography. Time to start. =p