AuthorTopic: Pixelation banner? ... Official banner now here :)  (Read 14834 times)

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Re: Pixelation banner? ... Official banner now here :)

Reply #30 on: September 24, 2006, 01:52:19 am
I can't really tell what that is you're drawing.

Offline Bo

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: September 24, 2006, 09:42:38 am
same here. it kind of looks like snow covering grass or something like that.

shouldnt the banner have... i dont know... the title of the site?

I know its just a WIP but i think the title is the first thing you should do.

Werewolf

Reply #32 on: September 24, 2006, 03:04:43 pm
It's supposed to be clouds and the sun... I'll redo it.  :-[

Offline Bo

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: September 24, 2006, 05:50:43 pm
I can see the clouds but having the sun mostly green just doesnt work.

would be better if you had it mostly yellow and light grey. with green at the edges and white in a few spots.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #34 on: September 24, 2006, 06:01:59 pm
I agree that c64 is beautiful, but not everyone might think so, so it wont be the default skin. When we are done with the skins everyone can choose what they prefer, easy as that. And the skin will mainly be a mod in colours and the shape of the buttons will change. The icons will stay as the lil icons miascugh made are perfect in any way and I can not be aresed to remake em all (it's quite a lot)

What is flawed about the buttons with the angle in the top left, i know they merge with some bgcolours and that will be fixed, but other than that I see no flaw really.

And about that c64 pic, what do clouds and sun have to do with pixelart? The banner should be minimal, we need no silly sprites or stuff like that. Also i suggest you take a good look at the sun (with sunglasses) and then at a bush, I think you got the 2 confused.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 06:10:11 pm by ptoing »
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Werewolf

Reply #35 on: September 24, 2006, 06:35:41 pm
I can't think of someone who would hate c64, maybe the two pixel wide and the 8x8 limits, just do it in the same palette, that's the part that really kills.

There should be a contest for the pixelation header that everyone can participate in. That would be better, or even a redesign of the forum contest. Even for fun.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 01:50:25 am by Werewolf »

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #36 on: September 25, 2006, 02:24:18 am
Werewolf, slow down already. Really, you should cut back on coffee and sugar. Why would we make a redesign contest if we just finished redesigning the whole thing less than a week ago? I'd rather you tell us the numerous supposed flaws you seem to have spotted, so we can do something about it.

Werewolf

Reply #37 on: September 25, 2006, 02:31:08 am
Yeah, your right miascugh, I talk to much. Well, for one, the user interfacae buttons in the post writing area all are, well, kinda junky (but I'm not sure they even made those, or if the software allowed them...) also the same buttons up top do not work on the page select area.

Do I need to take screens to explain that, because I don't think that's even english.

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #38 on: September 25, 2006, 03:05:37 am
Well, the bbs buttons mostly are adaptions, making them fit with the overall colors. The only ones from scratch are the first three of the second row which i'm really satisfied with (and if you don't then it clearly is a matter of taste), and the teletype one (admittedly somewhat improvised, but does the trick. and no one's ever gonna use that one anyways, unless his name is tomster), and they all illustrate their purpose perfectly fine and in a clear fashion. There's seriously nothing wrong with those buttons.

I don't get the '..same buttons up top do not work on the page select area.' part.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #39 on: September 25, 2006, 08:31:36 pm
I can't think of someone who would hate c64, maybe the two pixel wide and the 8x8 limits, just do it in the same palette, that's the part that really kills.

There should be a contest for the pixelation header that everyone can participate in. That would be better, or even a redesign of the forum contest. Even for fun.

Dude you can't just plan to recreate a forum you've only been part of for what, 10 seconds?

Secondly I think its pretty disrespectful to the guys who worked on this spiffy forum skin.  I dunno about you but I can certainly appreciate the effort gone into it. 

If YOU feel that the forum needs redesigning every 5 minutes why don't YOU DO IT!