AuthorTopic: I haven't posted in 9 years  (Read 90842 times)

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Re: I haven't posted in 9 years

Reply #30 on: March 22, 2015, 09:13:15 am
I did a quick sketch of a game mockup today.
Looking nice! :y:
Glad you found the post helpful.

And thanks for the job leads guys.
I'll check them out. :blind:
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline silvir

• AKA Noah Bradley
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #31 on: March 22, 2015, 09:15:21 am
Suuuuuper helpful. And yeah, I'd love to see a tutorial on some of the nitty-gritty on your animation process. I basically fumbled my way through making those and am pretty sure I did everything wrong.

Offline AlcopopStar

• View Profile
    • https://ramheadedgirl.com/folio/

Reply #32 on: March 22, 2015, 02:19:01 pm
Great stuff!

I ~think~ I remember you from back in the day, I was just a wee baby artist back then tho so I doubt you'd remember me, I can't even remember my username lmao (I think it was pixeldragon or something dorky like that).

Latest piece is looking really nice there, i'm not going to be able to comment much until it's more polished as landscapes like that a bit above my skill level. The only thing I can think of at this stage is that the moon is a touch distracting.

Composition-wise I think you're close to the golden ratio in your focal points, which is looking lovely, the only thing to break that is the moons placement and brightness. So you might want to watch that, or perhaps tone it down a shade.

As an aside, you might be interested as a digital illustrator in Fessler's indexing approach(http://danfessler.com/blog/hd-index-painting-in-photoshop), I think you would be able to utilize it better then most. Though that might defeat the purpose of returning to pixels for you i'm not sure.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 02:21:18 pm by AlcopopStar »