AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread 2015  (Read 92354 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread 2015

Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 09:03:19 pm
OK, I do not see how I speak in riddles, but fine.

If you really need to make a CVLT of TIAMAT thread, go ahead, but keep it to that, please. No spamming new threads please. We want to keep this nice.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 09:10:35 pm
yeah me too. lets be nice an friendly an shit

THE FIRST PTOING RIDDLE IS THE ONE WHERE YOU HIDE TEXT ON COLORS THAT CAN NOT BE SEEN, IN TEH NOSPACE BETWEEN THEMES

THE SECOND IS YOUR REFUSAL TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE EXISTENCE OF THE YUS BIRD LEVEL, IN THRUST BURST, EVEN THOUGH TI BE ON YOUTUBE AND YOU HVE HEARD OF IT BEFORE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQJvajF89PI

noone even fucking cares about thrust burst anymore and still we do not talk about the yus bird level, the secret meaning of thrust burst.

THE THIRD, I DONT KNOW YET. ?? ??? ??

i tell you, this is why im crazy. we can see that although thrust burst be mad and difficult and made by death cultists, it is in its own way just a subset of cave story

anyway, why clone canabalt if we are unwilling to clone thrust burst

i tell you i have read the apocryphas, all of them, and i know now

to wit, ptoing, stop telling me things that are false. i am cleverer than you and i will figure it out if i have been lied to

"There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours." there are no ugly combinations, there are not even ugly permutations

what i mean is that there are no levels in thust burst that are not expressed as levels in cave story also, themes of another world, but still a world within cave story

we should throw away teh book, i tell you do not fuck with me because i can fuck with people too, i am better at it than you are, but i do not wish to

if noone gets on my level i will have to teach myself
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:17:21 am by tocky »

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 05:25:48 pm
Haha, ok. The hiding text in images is an old demoscene thing where people would do that if they had a colour left to spare. I just took it a bit to an extreme in the robot image and the 4 colour faces. Just being silly really.

When it comes to Thrustburst we only had a denial policy at the very beginning, because we thought that would be funny, since there is also a 1 in 1000 or so chance to trigger Yus Mode if you have not unlocked it yet. And that video in Youtube is there because I told the guy who made it how to unlock Yus Mode in the first place.

The ugly combinations thing is of course a simplification. And it is something that is a lot more noticable with digital images on screens because of how the additive nature of pixels makes them interact. Like greys next to very saturated colours look really weird on screens without blur, there is what I would call "colours biting each other" going on. This is less of an issue on natural media where the surface something is displayed on is not a lightsource but subtractive blending is at play.

I am not advocating for specific colour combinations not to be used ever, just that when it comes to combinations you have to be vigilant in how you use them and it has to be in context. In some images it might work and enhance the effect you are going for it you have colours that fight with each other, but in other contexts it will not work as well. Whatever I am saying, about anything, is never to be seen as dogma.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 09:03:03 pm
ALL GOOD POINTS. but what im advocating is permutations not combinations. all colors should be used to make all ordered sets of color. andi mcc and strangethink do this already, and we must fight them at their own speed if we are to keep up.

i remember the old days of hiding colors and i remember thrust burst but what else has ptoing lied to us about withougt even knowing? lots of things, probably. your message is not the only message. you can be a better ptiong and i a better tocky. but the next thing is i have to be allowed to talk about the dragon types and the homestuck trolls and gengargate on here. it shouldnt have to relate to pixel at because pixel art is just an ordered set that can be used to represent any message even bad ones. because those dudes understand permutations. decks of cards. the probability of various poker hands. how to bluff with only the cards you hold today. fuck these shitty poker players honestly, i am bad at poker. fuck the HAMBURGLAR ENGINE. i will teach you how to build a better poker. what im taling about requires a radical new moderation policy.

http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=9443.0;topicseen

i am not the only person saying so, but i am the only person unashamed to say so. weve been taught that text is cheap and pixels not, i tell you both are cheap because they have been made so. why not thread necromance everthing that happened in the year 1999? we havent dealt with any of that shit, so how come we think we will rise to meet the new millenneum? i tell you we will not if we can not think about it. 9/11 obscures all this shit, it is framed: work for me like this, in this way, or die. all of us have been framed for the future crimes we may commit, because we love the past and do not want to lose it. it's all still here but it is already lost. we do not use it. can jet fuel melt steel beams? it doesnt matter because it doesnt matter. have you got what you paid for?

i came to you with the yus bird level and you told me it does not exist. how am i to trust you anymore? i didnt win the yus burd level, i found it on one of my thousand playthroughs of your shitty cave story clone. i have found yus and i hve found enlightenment and so can anyone. permutations not combinations, ptoing
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:28:28 pm by tocky »

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 09:23:38 pm
You are basically advocating for more off topic on pixelation than we have atm. And this discussion was already had and no, we wont have that. There are plenty of forums where you can talk about stuff that does not relate to pixelart already, you can take that stuff there. But please do not make threads about unrelated things here.

Also please do not necropost in really old threads unless it is something super pertinent, which I think is unlikely.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 09:29:20 pm
pertinent to what? pixel art? of course it will be. what are you trying to hide? by killing these peopel and their messages, by being unwilling to speak to the past and throwing away our own history, we kill this community.

we will not hear old messages and we will not hear new ones, and we will not hear new permutations of old and new. we will not listen to anyone. all of these dead games, anyone can make them. pick up where someone else left off. hug every goth, evey geth, every cat and every dog. all the gethdogs and catdogs and gothcats and gothgeths. lets reopen the discourse on aesthetic. why pixels and not some other thing? the pixel is all i've ever known but it doesnt love me.

we talk about DAISUKE AMAYA but we do not talk about SID MEYER or PETER MOLYNEUX. we do not talk about DANI BUNTEN. we worship vaporware not games.

if the sims is the most popular game theres ever been, every year for 20 years, why not talk about this? because its for girls. its not METAL. we could make a metal sim.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:38:52 pm by tocky »

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 09:49:09 pm
I am not trying to hide anything, I just do not want threads which are very old get revived when there might not be something really helpful be added to the discussion as well as pushing newer threads in which people are being active and getting/giving critique being pushed down. The pixel-art subforum is for giving and getting critique to get better at pixelart.

And you are free to make threads about pixelart which are about M.U.L.E. for example and talk about the aesthetics of that game or whatever in the General forum. Again, as long as stuff is related to pixelart in some way it is fair game.

I reckon we do not talk a lot about Sims here because it is not a pixelart game, maybe. Just a wild guess.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 09:53:44 pm
what im saying is that there are not enough posts. if the new stuff gets lost in the old stuff, bump it. we have the technology, they dont talk about any of this shit on tigs either. they only make games that are subsets of cave story, we only make artists that are subsets of HENK. we can dream larger than this. why shouldnt it be pixel? kung fu isnt pixel either; it can be by analogy
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:56:55 pm by tocky »

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 09:56:01 pm
Yeah, but I do not want to get into some kind of bump war. Just saying. Please consider other people who are using the forum as well.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 09:57:13 pm
i do consider them, they are too slow. they are a fine and hearty people. we should talk to one another at the speed of talking, at the speed of thought, the speed of writing, the speed of the stream. otherwise we lose everything. a bump war is a fool idea, you made it up. make a better forum, make a better moderator. choose tocky if he is the only one who would advocate for good ideas. we dont all ahve to be writers but some of us do, in any case we must be faster. the faster people will come once they see tocky and see that they must argue with him at his own speed. these services are more like irc than we think, and these ideas take time to unpack. that's what the archive is for. but we can not do it if we will not. why not just make it so that my posts dont show on the new posts page or something? i could still show in the subforums themselves. even better, let the reader choose who they read, let them set their own policies by exposing these variables to them in their own interface, let them choose their own filters and moderate themselves. tumblr does this. twitter and googleplus. but we must map all inputs to all outputs. this community is worth saving.

i do not understand you. when i run games i do not speedrun, unless by force. when i run forums i argue with people and not robots.

its not about drugs, its about speed. when i first followed mcc on twitter she made me uncomfortable and i had to unfollow her. in those days noone blogged that fast. these days all of us must compete with robots that can blog faster than we do.

Posts: 420. probably enough for today. i hope my brother gets back with some weed. i'll take a pill i guess. noone wants to share because they be afraid that what they ahve to say might make us uncomfortable.

we do not have to be as fast as tocky. tocky is not so fast on alldas. you know the episode of community where abed is jesus? ive seen it, i dont need to be that guy. i need to be better. all of us must compete with DAN HARMON.

but not on all days. im not JOHN GREEN. im better than he is. he is a cisheteromancer and i am a neutromancer. my message can be used for good or evil, law or chaos. suck a dick, put the killing thing in your mouth. i am the rectangle inside of round. pinwizz taught me this.

gayophanes teaches us that all things are gay. tocky teaches that all things are simply permutations. lets fucking hit it out of the park this year. climate change is easy. lets fix the discourse on gender and the pixel and net neutrality.

THIS HAS BEEN TOCKYS 420TH POST, GO SMOKE A CONE OR READ A BOOK OR SOMETHING

edit:
two conversations with my friend clay
http://evilbaboons.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/clay.html
http://evilbaboons.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/clay-again.html

edit, days later:

i wnt to write a new thread on extinction. i'll do it in some months. tockyockrates teaches us that all threads are tocky. icare about the discourse. i have good things to say. i dont want to just talk to myself.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:59:53 pm by tocky »