AuthorTopic: Wave hello to all my friends **Updated 7/24/06*  (Read 11774 times)

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Wave hello to all my friends **Updated 7/24/06*

on: July 22, 2006, 05:31:51 pm
Old Versions:
http://h1.ripway.com/tremulant/Mrdondon.PNG
http://h1.ripway.com/tremulant/Mrdondon2.PNG
http://h1.ripway.com/tremulant/Mrdondon3.PNG

Current:

Imaginary friends are people, too.

A smaller piece, but that seems to be the norm, lately. I wanted to try some of the stuff I hopefully picked up from the wonderful critique on my last post.

Suckass monitor again, which seems to give everything a warm/brown tint. I'll correct that at home.

EDIT:
1BG, though no where near as sexy, inspired by Pawige's horsie pic.
2Expanded, sky altered.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 11:07:50 pm by Tremulant »

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Re: Wave hello to all my friends

Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 05:36:30 pm
lovin it, nice and smooth. not seeing anything too interesting hue/pallette wise tho.

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 06:22:43 pm
Another nice pixel-art, Good colours,etc...

The left hand, think need more detailed is a little rare, And think the grass need a flower.

byes!

Offline Dan

• "Haha The Man"
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 06:37:54 pm
I like this. It has a lot of character. I like his facial expression! There is one thing that sort of bugs me a tiny bit, it's the tie it seems to be attached to his chest. Nice work as usual! ;)
That's the way the cookie crumbles. - Do the bug bob.     - Woot!

Offline Stephen

• View Profile
    • My Purevolume

Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 06:39:19 pm
Looks nice.

A suggestion: The character looks as though he is there, and there happens to be a background. I think maybe if you have the sky's colour affect his lighting, it would help them fit together more. Does that make sense? Like maybe a mild hue shift to the dark red for the shadows and to the lighter peach color for the highlights.

Just a thought, though. Like, I could be completely wrong, considering I'm pretty inexperienced with pixeling.

Offline SplatPixel

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 07:05:11 pm
damn. thats tight as fuck, looks perfect to me. just one lil thing, his left hand looks like its missing some aa. very nice work.

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 07:47:45 pm
Bewtiful, glad I was able to provide some inspiration. The arms and hands don't quite match up size or shape-wise (perhaps this was intentional?), and the edges of the green hills are pretty jagged looking against the red sky.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 09:43:43 pm
Thanks, all. Updated with some tweaks, primarily to the left arm.

Ryumaru: Fair enough. I should try to unify or something, and go for the effect stephen mentioned, but I'm feeling lazy. It's been a bit of a bitch picking colours for this one, as the wrong choices have been messing with the smoothness, so... but anyway, something to work on :P.

Matriax: Fixed (?) the left hand, but didn't add a flower (already 16 colours, none of which seemed suited,and I didn't wanna push the palette any higher).

Dan: Moved the tie up a bit. Hard to placesince he has no neck or clothing... ;D

Stephen: Yes, definitely a good call. Read my response to Ryu, though, and you'll see my current problem. I'm probably gonna work on it.

SplatPixel: Fixed?

Pawige: Not intentional, just lazy. ;D Hopefully fixed. Hills maybe less jagged now?

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #8 on: July 23, 2006, 09:46:54 pm
Don't think the palette's got any problems as it is. I like this very very much, I think you did good work. Nice outlines-to-lightness, nice volumes (pixelling spheres properly can get kinda messy) and finally, the feeling I get from the piece is a good one, so extra double points for making me feel something in the first place, and for it being good! Rocking.

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 10:10:02 pm
You say me, no can`t add a flower by this colours.... oooo the great tremulant fails... XDD, i think you can!! Believe in you!  :D

I will try add the flower....

And the hand continue without like me...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 10:12:14 pm by Matriax »