AuthorTopic: GR#113 - Mountain Landscape - environment background  (Read 21414 times)

Offline Juninho

• View Profile

Re: Mountain landscape

Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 09:10:43 pm
thank you a lot guys , your edits and criticisms are great .

I tried to make more forms on the mountains .

I will edit that after , but I post how it is going for you see if it is going good .

And the resolution is that , I can't do in other proportions

Offline philippejugnet

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 01:28:19 am
And in the case it was philippejugnet's thread, keep in mind that the quoted message would have earned you a strike. The first rule of Pixelation is to not be an ass. If you - or anyone - do not like philippe's propensity to not finish his pieces, feel free to not give him critique. There will be no more of this bullying.
not posting is not a synonym of not finishing, and giving advice and critique should help the artist or the piece be better?
cant believe I am leaving another community because of this-tha doesnt mean I am not gonna finish my secret santa piece-

----------------author-------------------
the overlapping wasnt really well done, they look flat, try to do as I showed you in my edit.

Offline adcrusher524

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 09:16:34 pm
You're newest edit is definitely a step in the right direction. Right now, I think your biggest problem is the the mountains are too triangular.  Take a look at Tim's edit. the mountains in the back are not triangular, they go up in more of a trapezoid shape and are flat with multiple peaks. Use a reference if you haven't, I think it would help out a lot.  I think this could be useful to you

but there are probably better ones out there, I only looked for a minute or so.  Personally I would avoid using the spikes on the mountain just because they would be distracting in game.

I edited the front two mountains, but it's probably not worth much because you have other edits that would demonstrate it better.

I don't know why it's AA'd like that photobucket is messed it up or something..
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 02:21:55 am by adcrusher524 »

Offline Juninho

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 12:38:42 pm
thank you guys !

I was seeing your edits , and I made a new update

I have to work a lot of  on clouds  :'(

Offline tim

• Founder of Odd Tales - Art Director
    • View Profile
    • Tim Soret - Showreel

Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 03:41:38 pm
And in the case it was philippejugnet's thread, keep in mind that the quoted message would have earned you a strike. The first rule of Pixelation is to not be an ass. If you - or anyone - do not like philippe's propensity to not finish his pieces, feel free to not give him critique. There will be no more of this bullying.
not posting is not a synonym of not finishing, and giving advice and critique should help the artist or the piece be better?
cant believe I am leaving another community because of this-tha doesnt mean I am not gonna finish my secret santa piece-

No no don't worry Philippe, he was talking to me, not you.
In my original message, I thought you were the author, and I was mindlessly agressive against you, thinking you started another thread for another unfinished artwork.
Helm was warning me for my behavior, not you, don't worry. Actually, thanks for your edit, it was a great base for my own edit.
Founder of Odd Tales
Art Director - Game Director - Game designer - Motion designer

Offline Juninho

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 02:58:07 pm
hey guys , sorry for that long time without replying that thread . I was making the remaining sprites of the game , but now I can return to that landscape