AuthorTopic: sexy lady WIP  (Read 5680 times)

Offline legofreak

• View Profile

sexy lady WIP

on: June 13, 2006, 11:49:28 pm
I first started this about a year ago just as a portait and eventually gave her a body but then just recently I started working on her again to make her look sexier. I started out with some extra shading and then gave her a different pose. I got few pointers on the face so now it looks better.
original: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/legofreak1988/pixel/girl_pic.png

I've been having trouble with her hand and her legs look a little too fat...

« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 12:21:28 am by legofreak »

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: sexy lady WIP

Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 11:56:42 pm
ATM, she looks cuter than she does hot. I think it's the eyes...Hot chicks have those thin, shadowy eyes, whereas cute chicks have those big, puppylike, childish eyes. Also, the lips could be plumper and shinier. I like the yellow hilights and it's a great improvement from the original.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 12:17:53 am
Make eyes narrower or smaller. Yes, I agree. I like the way you shaded at the shoulders. Nice work. Keep updating her.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 12:52:37 am
Bigger specular on the eyes (shine), add eye lashes, and give her some lips and a smile...

Offline bumman

• View Profile
    • The-Erasers

Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 02:53:34 am
Ah, she is much sexier :). The pose is good, and the shading so far is pretty cool (I do like that yellow instead of just a lighter tan color). The thing that sticks out to me though is that her limbs seem a little short. it could be that I've been jaded by anime or something, but I think her outstretched arm and legs could be lengthened some more. Also, maybe her elbow on the bent arm is a bit too thick? I wouldn't mind doing an edit, though I'm not sure how helpful it would be ...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 02:55:43 am by bumman »

Offline legofreak

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 04:12:43 am
yeah, anyone feel free to help out if you want to. ;)

Offline InvaderLupus

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 04:20:15 am
her left arm seems pretty bulky. I think it needs to be thinner with less emphasis on the deltoid.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 04:29:35 am
nice work, its come a long way, but still has a ways too go ;)
this will certainly be your best pixel art when its done :)
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 06:12:40 am
Her ankles and wrists need to be thinned out, limbs lengthened slightly. Check those collarbones and the far arm by looking at yourself in a mirror, I think there's something weird with them both. That shadow under the spandex shirt is a bit weird. The hair could use some highlights for a silkier appearance.

The face is well done, but since it's rather anime looking it's a bit more "aww, kawaii!" than sultry to me. Also, I would keep in mind that more skin showing != more sex appeal. You can do very well if you leave a lot to the imagination or only just hint at something.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 05:27:10 pm
I hope you don't mind edits, 'cause I'm better at them than explaining. This one is mainly based on other people's crits anyway, so I take no credit for the changes:

She still looks a bit cuter than sexy. Maybe because her looks seems soft as compared to like, harder, amybe more... feline for lack of a better word. Sharper eyes, longer limbs, slimmer, sleeker, that kind of thing. "Sexy" to me is a little more, again for lack of a better word, intimidating maybe? Powerful? Heh, riiight...

Anyway, cool stuff. The improvement over the original is completely amazing, so keep it up. It's coming along very nicely.