AuthorTopic: Nintendo are revolting!?  (Read 31498 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Nintendo are revolting!?

Reply #60 on: May 03, 2006, 11:48:53 am
......... because without a superficial name change to get people talking, nobody would be ...........

And they were before? No. I've informed many people about the system istelf before this and they didn't even know it was in development. Now everyone is talking about how retarded the name is.

And don't come at me with the smartass attitude; its immature and not necessary. Take care of your vaginal problems elsewhere. Chill the fuck out.

[confused]
?????
im not sure i understand, i actually thought I was agreeing with you?  at any rate, even if you misunderstood my post, you had no reason to curse me out so far as i can see
[/confused]
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #61 on: May 03, 2006, 10:02:56 pm
OH SHAT! Sorry! :-[ I thought you were being sarcastic.

I misunderstood, and I apologize. Curse me back if you feel the need to.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 10:06:33 pm by Darion »
@darionmccoy

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #62 on: May 03, 2006, 10:27:30 pm
haha, no big :P
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #63 on: May 04, 2006, 01:19:14 am
Bottomline is: if they base their name on 'we', they're completely off-track. 'We' is not a cool word in the western society, 'we' prefer to think only about ourselves.

apt

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Reply #64 on: May 04, 2006, 07:28:08 pm
...for example: Konami, that translates to "My wife"...

Actually, if it was spelled Mikona it would be almost like "my pussy". In Portuguese.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #65 on: May 05, 2006, 10:14:39 am
somehow i doubt konami would mind that kinda thing

Wii makes me thing wee which makes me think small, childish, and otherwise incapable, and i dont think that they can get away with that in sales, though i dotn know how bad it would hurt them.  it has stirred up talk again about the consol, and theres no such thing as bad publicity?  would be nice if sony said ANYTHING about the ps3
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #66 on: May 05, 2006, 12:00:56 pm
i guess, yes, it is to some extent bad publicity. two things though: there still is all that experimental aspect of the new console like the remote control joypad and its tilt-ability, which probably comes right after all the wee in the list of things 'worth' mentioning. some of that attention will inevitably be drawn to that. sony doesn't need to cause a stir like that, because anybody knows what to expect from the new console: better graphics, more "mature audience" oriented games and sequels or even clones; not much wow-effect material in there.
and secondly, all this brouhaha about the name is very.. anglocentrical. which is no surprise of course, in an english-speaking forum heh. but i, for example, never would have thought of the name that way (heh, i first thought it was an article about nintendo and something wifi when i was skimming over it). just to have that raised too :)