AuthorTopic: [WIP] UFO  (Read 3272 times)

Offline fortunato

• View Profile

[WIP] UFO

on: November 19, 2009, 07:16:13 pm

hi. i think im getting better at drawing (and in turn more able to draw what i imagine) but i dunno. im just horrible at lightsources and lighting and shading and all that. obviously its supposed to be a ufo... and i wanted it to have a sort of red metal, almost racecar-ish (nascar lolol) look to the hull or ship or whatever you call it... like i dunno, one of those 80s-90s galaga like clones? im finding this hard to explain. i dont want it to LOOK like a ship, just i want the metal part of it (not the glass dome thing) to have that kind of air. you know what i mean? probably not. but thanks anyway! c + c pleeeease :D

Offline fortunato

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] UFO

Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 12:56:12 am

changed a bit of the light on the dome and pushed around a bit of the pixels on the ship itself, and added another color. (but mostly just a bump- shh!!!)

Offline QuaziGNRLnose

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 01:25:37 am
im not really sure what crits i could give you on this other than add some hue shift to your colours.

its such a small simple piece, and its already looking finished so i don't know what else i could say
Originally posted by Jeff

I AM A GIANT DONUT MANATEE

Offline fortunato

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 04:21:18 am

animooted
what do you guys think? i tried something weird with the lighting on the dome; though im not really sure if thats how the light would really behave. i figured that the light wouldnt move when the object moved so... i dunno. critique please...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 04:27:08 am by fortunato »

Offline Pixelized

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 06:22:36 am
Looks pretty good, but it needs a pilot. Also, maybe some kind of proof of propulsion underneath; wavy lines, little blaster doohickies, maybe it doesnt even need that. Definately needs some sort of pilot, and something to spice it up a bit. Oh and before I forget, not sure if I am correct or not, but the reflection on the actual ship itself should probably move a little also, to convey the same depth that the dome does... When its not moving, the reflection looks like a white racing stripe :P. I likey though, the style is cute, but not overly cute as to induce huggable attack syndrome :P

EDIT: After rereading your first post, it seems that maybe the white racing stripe effect was intentional... in which case maybe use a different color other than pure white, maybe a extremely light red which may work better.... Super fast 2 second edit will be coming in a second to show what i mean :P

EDIT2: Took 5 minutes but meh, whatever :P

Also made the propulsion doohicky i was talking about, didnt turn out all that great, but I am sure you get what I was talking about, adds a little more flavor, and I am sure you could do much better :D

« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 06:48:58 am by Pixelized »

Offline fortunato

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 03:31:06 am
aha! no i know exactly what you are saying, and the white racing stripe effect was supposed to be lighting. :( lol
i was thinking about the little rocket flame thing under it or some spacey doohickey (haha used your word) thing under it to make it look all spacey and ufo-ey. good idea dude... haha i will take on to that. thanks for the edit.