AuthorTopic: [WIP] Tunnels Tile Set  (Read 4093 times)

Offline Franky G

• View Profile

[WIP] Tunnels Tile Set

on: February 19, 2009, 11:06:00 am
Hi guys. It's been a while since i've done any pixel work. I found some motivation to try work on your typical iso "Dungeon" tile set. I've been working on it for a day or 2, still have a lot of work to do.

To set things straight, the character is of course GUY from Street Fighter (not done by me), and the palate was taken from a scene in the GBA game Magical Starsign (not sure exactly what scene but it was posted as a reference on a recent post). The scene has a large bug in it. I still struggle getting a palate and will need to spend some time later working it out.

I'm looking to build a 2 level room with a step or two. This will allow me to test how the tile set will work in some difficult scenarios?

anyway, c&c welcome. I have a lot of work to do but thought it might be worth sharing my progress. I'll post an update as soon as i've made decent progress or encounter any issues i need help with.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 11:49:08 am by Franky G »

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Tunnels Tile Set

Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 04:28:56 pm
Before you go any farther I think you need to get everything lined up right.

As you can see not everything lines up correctly. This is going to make your piece look sloppy, no matter how good your pixeling.

Start with basic lines for everything first. Then build on that.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 04:32:24 pm by EvilEye »

Offline Franky G

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 01:07:40 pm
Sorry for the delayed response EvilEye and thanks for your comment. You are right about things not aligning up. I guess i was more interested in look and feel rather than things aligning up at that stage, but of course things do start to get complicated when they need to. As a result, i've had to go back a step. I need to work on dimensions/how things will click.

Progress has been very slow. I've set my focus on the door above as its a hard point for me and is unrelated to other issues i can't come make a decision about. Sorry that it's not much of an update but this has been a real challenge for me and i have spent AGES on it. I think its come a long way.

I still need to put fine details on the walls/arches and some small touches to the wood. I need to change the pallate (it does look a little dark to me too). Otherwise i think this is OK.

Thanks again.

Offline Franky G

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 11:28:59 am
Just an update. I've had no luck with the walls. I might try something completely fresh.

I've been fixed on the idea of using sand so i've spent some time on the above. I'm struggling a bit getting the curves right but i think i'm having reasonable success. I just need to spend a bit more time on it. Anyway this is quite new to me so thought a post would be helpful.