AuthorTopic: [WIP] Sea Dragon  (Read 2856 times)

Offline Emtch

• View Profile

[WIP] Sea Dragon

on: December 30, 2008, 07:37:54 pm
Started making a sea dragon. It's still in a very early stage, but I'm probably gonna be away from my computer a couple of days.
The flame is just a placeholder to show the lightsource. I'm crappy as hell at lighting and would really apreciate help on that.

Offline Emtch

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Sea Dragon

Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 08:30:48 pm
UPDATE

Gave it a body instead of letting it be a serpent, removed the fin so I can make an arm for it and also desaturated the colors a bit.

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 08:40:19 pm
theres a bit of inconcistency in the shading. you have light coming from the left, but on the top of the head, there is a sugestion that the light is coming from the bottom left.
i'd probably look into that.

if would be interesting to see a bit of the body under the water. maybe have just a simple silluete being cut by some wavy shapes.
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Emtch

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 09:04:42 pm
The flame is the stronger light source. The thing is I have no idea how to do the shading with that light source, I think that's a common problem among newer pixelers. I just need to fix some basic lighting then I will fix the details, like texturing (I don't want it to look like a fucking pokemon) and a transition into the water.

Offline Emtch

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 10:07:38 pm
New update:

The lighting is still off, but I'm working on getting it right.