AuthorTopic: pumpkin [WIP]  (Read 4243 times)

Offline zi

• I wish you success :)
    • View Profile
    • just one account :)

pumpkin [WIP]

on: August 29, 2008, 09:50:28 am
Pfff long ago want to make small pumpkin also sprites are my poor feature, that is why just try to practice a bit ... after nice pumpkin of FrostPumpkin :)

Put in light background. 12 colours.

Crits are welcome. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 09:56:01 am by zi »
=====================
:) GDGB :)

Offline zi

• View Profile

Re: pumpkin [WIP]

Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 10:59:25 am
fast update now try to hide jagged lines in upper part also must think for down part. I don't know which variant is better ?

=====================

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 01:10:06 pm
Hi zi! First thing I thought was `FrostPumpkin', so that's good I suppose, hehe. It's looking especially polished, even now. I'm not sure how well it would function as a sprite; given the amount of detail and depth it has it would be difficult to animate and pop out of the background elements, I believe.

The arms it has (I assume they're arms?) are less than obvious. They just kind of hide from the eye as `more leafy stuff', in my opinion. They need to be bigger and need to pop more, just something to make them stand out as being different from the leaves.

I like the second (right) variant because it seems to have more volume. The first one is still enjoyable, though.

I think the lightness you have along the bottom rim of the pumpkin is strange. Is it ambient light, or AA? My guess is ambient light, but it reads as just jagginess, to me.

It's looking great, anyway  :y:

Offline willfaulds

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 01:31:26 pm

my thoughts:

teeth to suit the facial expression & arms that are more vine like. i didn't really like the way your hands worked - thought they needed to be more organic. i would personally go for no fingers just a vine end but that's me...

great stuff though

Offline zi

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 02:06:31 pm
yep EyeCraft you are trully right - always I put so many details and will be hard to animate /that is my poor problem always/, but will see maybe only mouth or I don't know ... About arms agreed /now they are like crab arms hehehe/ and will try something like willfaulds showed bigger and long ... For my more fun is 1st variant but can try and other ;) About light bottom I try to make AA, but need something like root /legs/ to hide jagged lines and to have more finished look. For me her right arm is very unreadable now.

Thanks and that is what I try in last hour before read the posts.

=====================

Offline zi

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 07:20:12 am
need some intermediate frames ... here are just start frames of motions

also repair some places like hands, add roughnesses, part between tentacles and pumpkin ets.

=====================

Offline zi

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 05:10:44 pm
curent ...

The cigar is too much in left, but want more part of the mouth to be visible !
Now maybe need only smoke :)
=====================

Offline Ian

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 06:18:05 pm
When the pumpkin grabs the cigar out of his face have it change angles slightly so that the front tip is facing more to our left.  This way the fact the cigar has disconnected from the pumpkins mouth and has been moved will be far more readable (also i'm fairly certain this happens when real people are smoking).  Also the pause of having the cigar out of the pumpkin's mouth should probably be longer but this may be helped by the addition of smoke.