AuthorTopic: Room Project [Completed]  (Read 13473 times)

Offline Negative Gravity

• I'm a Pixel!
    • View Profile
    • Zoomrix

Room Project [Completed]

on: August 06, 2005, 08:50:25 pm
This is "THE Room"
(Please keep in mind that is is still a WIP and is far from being done)

CLICK HERE FOR THE FLASH ANIMATION OF THIS PROJECT!!!

These are the different objects in progress:

To Do List:
- Finish the bunk bed (add sheets pillow and all that good stuff) ALMOST DONE
- Finish the curtains (give them depth by shading) DONE
- Do all the objects inside the room (books on shelves, computers, printer etc)  DONE
- Do a tiled carpet. (I actually need help on how to even start this) DONE
- "Interactivize" in flash. More on this below. DONE

Interactivization (sorry for the goofy word)
Basically I will make it animated from the beginning having all the objects and things falling from above to their rightfull spaces. Since some object are covered by others I will make it interactive in the sence that when you click an onject - it will be visible on a specially designed panel beside the room.
I will also have something new and interesting that goes along with the whole "interactivization" in flash. But it's a secret right now.

I want to make this look the best it can using my own pixeling skills so any help (edits for the to study, critique for me read, yelling for things I did wrong) Be tough but helpfull on critiqing or be thoughtful and logical, whoever you decide to help me - I will appreciate it!  8)

Thank you,

« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 06:45:29 pm by Negative Gravity »

aka: Zoomrix

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Re: [My Big Project WIP] THE Room.

Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 12:37:14 pm
Sorry I'm a bit slow to respond to this one. You're going about things properly. Working from piece to piece to get it from frame to solid fills. I think when I did my isometric room, I left the curtains till much later, so be sure to include wall sockets and finish the window frame before you add curtain detail. Black on the wood supports of the seats should probably be removed. While stronger contrasting lines are good to create a sense of depth, black is usually too strong on such lighter fill colors.

I'd like to see you create a tesselating tile for the flooring, be it carpet or wood. Have to do that before you start detailing the furniture, else you might get the colors wrong and do additional adjusting afterwards (which isn't altogether bad). I just want to get a sense for the room.  Don't really have too much to say as far as c+c. Just keep going and finish :)

Offline Negative Gravity

• I'm a Pixel!
    • View Profile
    • Zoomrix

Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 08:42:10 pm
Wow, just saw a reply on this  :D
Thanks, Pep.
Well for the seat supports, I only have the black on the out most outline. The actual wooden supports outline is the darkest brown. You can see it when you zoom in.
Thanks for the carpet tip. I'll do it. But I only arranged the furniture for now just to see how it looks.
Thanks again. :)

Offline Negative Gravity

• I'm a Pixel!
    • View Profile
    • Zoomrix

Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 09:29:54 pm
Well I have started on details finally. Started with the computers of course

Here is the tile of the carpet I've tried. But it looks like a sandy grass.  :o

Here's what it looks like tiled:

Mwuahahahah! Yeah!

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 05:04:25 am
Great idea. Nice work on the computers, what kind of computer is the one with the purple ? About the carpet though; right now, I don't think it would look much different if it was just blank. Either the shades and highlights of the carpet are too close to the midtone, or there is just not enough of them to seem very textured. Keep it up, I want to see this thing finished!
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Negative Gravity

• I'm a Pixel!
    • View Profile
    • Zoomrix

Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 05:49:36 pm
Thank you. Rydin. Well that's my computer. It's a VAIO.
And yes I think the carpet needs more of that texture.  :P

Offline Negative Gravity

• I'm a Pixel!
    • View Profile
    • Zoomrix

Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 12:15:46 am
Okay, I did the shading on the curtains.

And now only the sheets shading on the beds is left. And then it's on to the flash portion of this project.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 03:56:12 am
This is going to be flash!?!? Why didn't you say so sooner!?!?!?!?

Great work on the curtains, although I think it would benefit to put it in the actually picture to compare it. I really, REALLY cannot wait to see this done. I have attempted so many iso room pixels, and I have not completed any of them. Good luck.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 04:17:51 am
It looks like you are being pressured to shade to the lightest ... shade. Don't feel that you need to do so. I also wouldn't create outlines before you shade; more like sketches, unless you are doing something crazy simple/small ( but then again, you are making isometric sprites ). It helps to interpet things easier, really.
@darionmccoy

Offline Negative Gravity

• I'm a Pixel!
    • View Profile
    • Zoomrix

Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 05:36:41 am
This is going to be flash!?!? Why didn't you say so sooner!?!?!?!?

Lol. I did. "I will also have something new and interesting that goes along with the whole "interactivization" in flash"
Thank you.  :)

Quote from: Darion
It looks like you are being pressured to shade to the lightest ... shade. Don't feel that you need to do so. I also wouldn't create outlines before you shade;

Well did start out as a scetch. It was basically just a guide until I get to the actual coloring. I only did the outlines to help me see how the folds go so when I color I can just follow them.

Thanks for the CC guys. As soon as I figure out how to make my bed sheets I will post the finished product and start flashing it up.  8)