AuthorTopic: [CLOSED] 16 Color Side-Scroller: Seeking Animator  (Read 1681 times)

Offline DotStarMoney

• View Profile

[CLOSED] 16 Color Side-Scroller: Seeking Animator

on: August 13, 2020, 10:08:22 pm
Hi all! I'm a seasoned developer + composer with a history of completed projects (e.g. x86 ASM + BASIC Game Jam Entry, Board Game) looking to team up with an animator to help me through the end of an in-progress, medium-sized project.

Project Description
A 2D metroidvania that tries to capture the fast-paced gameplay and mock the weak, disbelief suspending storytelling of the late 80s. Through an overt self-awareness and strict adherence to period aesthetic, the game presents a silly adventure that slowly evolves into something much deeper. The game emulates the late 80s style of EGA graphics in 320x200 in a fixed 16 color palette and a soundtrack recorded on a real MT-32.

Work Description
Primarily character, enemy, and boss animations (and the occasional touch-up to my amateurish world / UI artwork). The tile size is 16x16 in the EGA color palette. Some designs will surely be larger (the main character, bosses etc...). I have an existing, dither heavy style the graphics should be consistent with.

Budget + Compensation
My artwork budget for the whole project is 10k USD (though flexible upwards), and will pay on a per-asset basis; happy to pay half up front but again, at asset level granularity.

Contact
Please send portfolios / rates / questions to chris@dotstarmoney.com.

Thank you for your interest!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 11:50:07 pm by DotStarMoney »

Offline DotStarMoney

• View Profile

Re: [CLOSED] 16 Color Side-Scroller: Seeking Animator

Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 11:51:17 pm
As I've gotten in touch with many qualified artists, I'm closing this to further applications.

Thank you to everyone who applied!