AuthorTopic: Making Mobile Games  (Read 2592 times)

Offline elise

• View Profile

Making Mobile Games

on: August 22, 2007, 03:12:45 pm
I'm new to game mockups and I've really enjoyed making the few that I have made so far. I'm starting to wonder more about making an actual playable mobile game and I have some questions.

First off, are there any tutorials out there on making mobile games? I don't want in depth game development advice because if I end up actually making a game, I'll hire someone to do that part... I just a general feel on the do's and don'ts from the artist's standpoint. I don't want to create some big elaborate scheme only to have someone tell me to scrap it because it's not technically possible.

How do game makers handle different screen sizes? Do they make a game just for each particular phone or just for a popular resolution? I would think for pixel artists this would be a big deal.

Is there an average size for games (kb-mb-wise)?

The only game I have on my RAZR is Bejeweled so... is it possible to save progress to some mobile games?

Any advice from someone who has made a working game in the past?

Offline uridicy

• Beware the Pixolator
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Pocket

Re: Making Mobile Games

Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 08:55:31 pm
Well I've made a couple graphics for a mobile phone game before, and they had me make the same graphics in 3 sizes.  I'm sure it depends on the company, but I think that happens a lot.  Don't know about the other stuff.